|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | July 2013|
Articles published in July 2013Select individual articles below or view all 43 articles on one page.
43 articles published
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (26)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (36)||Sep (0)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (37)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
- 1: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY THURSDAY, 25 JULY 2013 Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- The Minimum Wage Bill - Explanation by the Hon Chief Executive, Mr Keith Padgett:
- 2: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY THURSDAY, 25 JULY 2013 Part 3 - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- (Part 3Debate on the Minimum Wages Bill)
- 3: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY THURSDAY, 25 JULY 2013 Part 4 - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- Other Legislation
- 4: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR GAVIN SHORT MLA - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the Motion this will indeed be a very short speech for me. As I don’t, Mr Speaker, to have to use the rather splendid new timer that I believe he may have lurking on his person somewhere.
- 5: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mrs Jan Cheek (130731) - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- It’s very difficult to explain to people why there was no large debate on Members’ remuneration.
- 6: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon mr Ian Hansen (130731) - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- First of all I would like to very much echo the sentiments expressed by the Honourable Gavin Short and the Honourable Jan Cheek about our competitors overseas of late.
- 7: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Dick Sawle (130731) - Falklands (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- Mr Speaker, I will just pass a note to my colleague about the lack of a tourism brief at Farmers’ Week.
- 8: WATER SITUATION REMAINS SERIOUS - St Helena (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- Despite the intermittent rainfall currently being experienced on St Helena, the water situation in affected areas remains serious.
- 9: ERIC BENJAMIN SWORN IN AS SPEAKER - St Helena (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- Mr Eric Benjamin, of Market Street, Jamestown, has today been officially Sworn In as Speaker of the House of Legislative Council.
- 10: ST HELENA ETHICS AT WORK SURVEY REPORT PUBLISHED - St Helena (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- St Helena Government has today released the findings of the Ethics at Work Survey carried out for SHG by the UK’s Institute of Business Ethics (IBE) from January to March 2013.
- 11: PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION – DEADLINE EXTENED - St Helena (Business News) - 31.07.2013
- Despite the strong public response to the Photography Competition, we would like to see more entries from the younger age categories. The deadline for the competition has therefore been extended. All are still encouraged to participate, especially those in the younger age categories of 10–15 and 16–21 years old.
- 12: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 22 JULY 2013: AN OVERVIEW - Falklands (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- A public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 22 July 2013. Present were Councillors Hansen, Cheek, Sawle and Edwards. The Chair, Barry Elsby, was not present due to work commitments and Mrs Halford also sent her apologies. Councillor Summers is away.
- 13: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 22 JULY 2013 - Falklands (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- Given the interest expressed about the discussion of the jetty and materials used, this debate will be covered in full.
- 14: Falklands: Executive Council Report 24 July 2013 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 27.07.2013
- This months EXCO began with the approval of release of funding to be drawn down for the use of shipping links to and from the Islands. MLA Edwards attended in place of MLA Cheek for these items. MLA Cheek then rejoined MLA Sawle and MLA Hansen for the remainder of the meeting.
- 15: Executive Council Publishes Falklands ‘Hydrocarbon Development Policy Statement’ - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 27.07.2013
- Robust regulation, supply chain support and long-term benefits for Islanders are at the heart of a new policy statement for hydrocarbons development.
- 16: Falkland Islanders offer condolences to the Faroe Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 27.07.2013
- We received news yesterday of a tragic car accident in which Hogni Carlsson and Vilhjalmur Gregoriussen lost their lives. Both men were returning home with the Faroe Islands team from the Bermuda Natwest Island Games 2013, and their loss has resounded through other island nations.
- 17: St Helena: ESH OPEN DAY MARKS 1 YEAR OF OPERATION - St Helena (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- Just over a year since its launch, Enterprise St Helena (ESH) hosted an official Open Day on Friday 19 July 2013 to mark its first year in operation.
- 18: St Helena: FURTHER REFINEMENTS TO BUS TIMETABLE - St Helena (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- The revised bus timetable, introduced on 22 May 2013, will see further changes later this week, as a result of information collected since the trial bus service started on 11 February 2013.
- 19: St Helena: STUDENTS EXPERIENCING THE WORLD OF WORK - St Helena (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- Thirty-two year 11 students of Prince Andrew School have from 1 July volunteered to take part in the work experience programme provided by the Adult Vocational Education Service ...
- 20: St Helena: INAUGURAL MEETING OF LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL 2013 - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 27.07.2013
- The inaugural meeting of the newly elected Legislative Council took place today in the Court House, Jamestown, starting at 10am.
- 21: St Helena: GOVERNOR ADDRESSES LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL - Falklands (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- This morning HE Governor Capes addressed the first meeting of the St Helena Legislative Council since the General Election held on 17 July 2013. Here is the Governor’s Address in full:
- 22: St Helena: END OF YEAR CONCERT HELD AT PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL - St Helena (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- To celebrate the end of another school year, Prince Andrew School held its annual End of School Concert and Melodrama Evening on Friday 19 July 2013
- 23: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY THURSDAY, 25 JULY 2013 - Falklands (Legal) - 27.07.2013
- A meeting of legislative Assembly took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 0930hrs on Thursday, 25 July 2013. Present were the Speaker, the Hon Mr Keith Biles, the Clerk of Assembly, Mrs Claudette Prior, the Chief Executive, the Hon Mr Keith Padgett, the Attorney General Mr mark Lewis, the Commander British Forces South Atlantic Islands Russell William La Forte, CBE, MA, BA, RAF (Nicola Granger, Mark Lewis) and MLAs Cheek, Elsby, Edwards, Hansen, Sawle and Short.
- 24: St Helena: CPA TO BRIEF NEW COUNCILLORS - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 27.07.2013
- At Governor Capes’ invitation and financed by the Governor’s Delegated Fund, a Delegation from the UK Branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) will arrive on-Island on Tuesday 30 July. The Delegation, working with senior SHG officials, will hold a series of seminars for newly elected Councillors, as a major part of their induction process.
- 25: St Helena: INAUGURAL MEETING OF LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL – TV BROADCAST - St Helena (Business News) - 27.07.2013
- The inaugural meeting of the newly elected Legislative Council took place on 24 July 2013 in the Court House, Jamestown, commencing at 10am.
- 26: Airmen transform sleepy Atlantic outpost into critical air transport hub for Presidential visit - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 27.07.2013
- More than 170 mobility Airmen from Travis Air Force Base, Calif., Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J., and Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash., descended on Ascension Island in the South Atlantic aboard four U.S. Air Force C-17 Globemaster III aircraft, June 14.
- 27: St Helena and Falklands Congratulations on Royal Birth - All (Heritage) - 23.07.2013
- Speaking on receiving the happy news from London yesterday evening, His Excellency Governor Mark Capes said:
- 28: Regeneris Completes Socio-Economic Study of Oil and Gas Development in the Falklands - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 21.07.2013
- Regeneris Consulting have proposed a series of recommendations that will be the subject of review within the Falkland Islands Government..
- 29: St Helena: NEW COUNCILLORS BEGIN WORK - St Helena (Business News) - 20.07.2013
- St Helena’s newly elected Councillors started their term in office today, with a briefing from senior officials. This is in preparation for the first formal meeting of the new Legislative Council (LegCo) on Wednesday 24 July 2013. The new Elected Members are:
- 30: ST HELENA GENERAL ELECTION 2013 - RESULTS - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 19.07.2013
- Returning Officer, Gillian Francis this morning announced the results of Polling Day for the General Election 2013 and has accordingly declared that the following candidates have been duly elected to serve as Members of the St Helena Legislative Council:
- 31: BUSY FARMERS’ WEEK TOO GOOD TO LET GO - Falklands (Agriculture) - 19.07.2013
- The annual Farmers’ Week programme took place between Monday, 01 July and Friday, 05 July 2013.
- 32: St Helena: DAX RICHARDS APPOINTED ACTING FINANCIAL SECRETARY - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 19.07.2013
- Assistant Financial Secretary, Dax Richards, has been appointed Acting Financial Secretary, following the departure of the substantive Financial Secretary, Colin Owen.
- 33: QUEEN’S DIAMOND JUBILEE PLACEMENT ON ST HELENA - Tristan (Business News) - 19.07.2013
- Paula Swain arrived on St Helena on 14 April 2013 to work in Internal Audit. Paula came to the Island as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee programme for an exposure visit to gain experience in a new field of work.
- 34: St Helena: DFID AWARDS A+ TO MODERNISATION PROGRAMME - St Helena (Business News) - 19.07.2013
- A review of SHG’s Public Service Modernisation Programme (PSMP), carried out by the DFID Overseas Territories Governance Advisor, and drawing on the implementing partner (Oxford Policy Management) – has been recently completed. It also drew on regular project reporting, previous annual reviews, and planning and performance information produced by SHG.
- 35: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY TUESDAY, 02 JULY 2013 REPORT - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 07.07.2013
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the town Hall at 0830hrs on Tuesday, 02 July 2013.
- 36: Executive Council Report 26 June 2013 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 07.07.2013
- At the meeting of Executive Council 26 June 2013 the Honourable Gavin Short stood in for the Honourable Dick Sawle who was absent overseas.
- 37: Juniors show no fear by taking on the grownups in a 60 arrow 10m shoot. - Falklands (Education) - 07.07.2013
- This weekend saw the IJS & CE and FAA Juniors take on grownups/parents and FAA members, including Gold Medal winner at the Guernsey Games Mark Lewis and Bronze Medal team medallist Jason Lewis in a head-to-head team ...
- 38: St Helena: WATER SITUATION REMAINS CRITICAL - Falklands (Business News) - 07.07.2013
- Stored Water Levels in Redhill Zone Sufficient for 14 Days
- 39: LOST AND FOUND ON ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 07.07.2013
- St Helena is a small Island, eleven miles by seven in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean.
- 40: St Helena: OFFICIAL LIST OF CANDIDATES FOR GENERAL ELECTION 2013 - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 07.07.2013
- Returning Officer, Gillian Francis, this afternoon announced the names of 20 Candidates who will be standing for this year’s General Election.
- 41: St Helena CAPITAL PROGRAMME MANAGER - St Helena (Business News) - 07.07.2013
- On Thursday 27 June, St Helena’s first Capital Programme Manager, Sarah Troman, arrived on Island.
- 42: Falkland Islands Government Agrees economic development plan with the EU Commission - Falklands (Business News) - 07.07.2013
- The Falkland Islands has been assigned £3.5m from the 10th Round of the European Development Fund (EDF) to support economic development priorities.
The Falkland Islands has been assigned £3.5m from the 10th Round of the European Development Fund (EDF) to support economic development priorities.
- 43: St Helena: EXCO Report: 5 July 2013 - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 07.07.2013
- Executive Council met this morning with just one item on the agenda related to the airport project. As mentioned in my EXCO report of 25 June this was to more fully consider a request for an amendment to the consent for the Airport Project, given by the Governor in Council in 2008.