|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | April 2012|
Articles published in April 2012Select individual articles below or view all 34 articles on one page.
34 articles published
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (18)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
|Jan (23)||Feb (25)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (51)||May (47)||Jun (46)|
|Jul (53)||Aug (48)||Sep (47)|
|Oct (51)||Nov (27)||Dec (32)|
- 1: Falklands: CATHEDRAL HOSTS SUCCESSFUL SCAVENGER HUNT - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.04.2012
- Six teams braved the wintery weather on Sunday afternoon as they set out on a Scavenger Hunt organised by members of Christ Church Cathedral.
- 2: St Helena Land Development Control Plan - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2012
- The revised Land Development Control Plan (LDCP) was formally adopted from 2nd April 2012.
The revised LDCP compared with the previous 2007 Plan, promotes appropriate development and creates an investor-friendly framework through:
- 3: SHG COMMENT ON RE-PUBLISHING OF ST HELENA INDEPENDENT - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2012
- The St Helena Government notes the stated intention of the proprietor of Saint Helena Media Productions to re-publish
- 4: St Helena Governor and Chief Secretary View National Trust Work - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2012
- On 17th April, Governor Capes and Chief Secretary, Owen O’Sullivan, were given a tour to see some of the work being carried out by the St. Helena National Trust.
- 5: St Helena RFA Darkdale Survey Team Arriving on Sunday - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2012
- Following the identification of continuing oil seepage from the hull of the RFA Darkdale wreck last year, a team of nine will be arriving this Sunday to undertake a survey of the wreck.
- 6: St Helena By Election 2012 - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2012
- The Writ of Election, for the June By-Election on St Helena, and the updated version of the Register of Electors for the East and West Constituencies, have now been published.
- 7: St Helena Airport Project Landscape & Ecology Mitigation Programme (LEMP) - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2012
- Support is currently being sought to design and deliver a Landscape and Ecology Mitigation Programme (LEMP) related to the Airport Project. The LEMP will provide ways and means to reduce and offset the direct and indirect impacts on St Helena’s landscape resulting from the construction of the airport and associated infrastructure.
- 8: PIERS MORGAN INTERVIEWS SEAN PENN ABOUT THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 25.04.2012
- Piers Morgan (PM): Let’s turn to the Falkland Islands because you inspired a lot of anger in my own country with some pretty strong views about the “Malvinas” as you call them – taking the Argentine side and being very critical of Prince William being deployed there in the British Military. Tell me why you did that and what your reaction was to the uproar it caused back in Britain.
- 9: FALKLANDS SAY SHAME ON YOU SEAN PENN - Falklands (Education) - 25.04.2012
- Expressing his opinion that he had a major bone to pick with Mr Penn about his remarks about the Falkland Islands, Mr Morgan quizzed Sean Penn about them.
- 10: Falkland Islands Offshore Hydrocarbons Environmental Forum - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 22.04.2012
- The Forum comprises representatives of the oil industry, environmental organisations and relevant Falkland Islands Government departments.
- 11: Falklands' Public Meeting Report - Falklands (Business News) - 22.04.2012
- A public meeting was held in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 16 April 2012. Present were MLAs Sharon Halford (Chair), Dick Sawle, Mike Summers, Jan Cheek and Gavin Short.
- 12: St Helena Official Launch of new Environmental Management Directorate - St Helena (Environment) - 22.04.2012
- This Monday, 16th April, saw the official launch of St Helena’s very first Environmental Management Directorate.
- 13: St Helena GOVERNOR TO VISIT UK FOR LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE - St Helena (Business News) - 22.04.2012
- His Excellency, Governor Capes will depart the Island on Tuesday 24th April to attend the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s annual Leadership Conference in London. This will also include a meeting of all Governors from the Overseas Territories.
- 14: St Helena Nominations Requested for Certificate and Badge of Honour, and Acts of Bravery Awards - St Helena (Heritage) - 22.04.2012
- Nominees are currently being sought for the Certificate and Badge of Honour Awards.
- 15: St Helena Sandy Bay Clinic Information - St Helena (Health) - 22.04.2012
- The public will be aware from a press release issued on 8 March 2012, that St Helena Government took the decision to close the Head O’Wain and Sandy Bay Clinics with effect from 1 April 2012,
- 16: Vessel Cap Jackson Collects Medevac from Tristan - Tristan (Tourism/Travel) - 22.04.2012
- The container carrier Cap Jackson arrived at Tristan on the evening of 20th April, to collect one of the zodiac drivers (Stephanie) from the NG Explorer
- 17: FORMER CBF RECALLS HIS TIME ON THE BLACK PIG - Falklands (Heritage) - 09.04.2012
- We remember her as the Black Pig – garbage scow extraordinaire and know of her past history.
- 18: FITV CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY - Falklands (Business News) - 08.04.2012
- Falkland Islands Television (FITV) has celebrated one year of operation at a reception held at the FI Chamber of Commerce Function Room at 1800hrs on Friday, 06 April 2012.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 19: Dangerous Dogs Complaint Rectified in the Falklands - Falklands (Agriculture) - 07.04.2012
- Summary of the proceedings and decision in the case of Royal Falkland Islands Police v Dianne Freeman under the Dogs Ordinance.
- 20: UN C-24 Committee refuses Falklands' invitation - Falklands (Education) - 07.04.2012
- C24 Decline Invitation to hold Regional Seminar in the Falkland Islands
- 21: Falklands Executive Council Meeting for March 2012 - Falklands (Legal) - 07.04.2012
- Summary of Executive Council Meeting 28 March 2012
by the Honourable Dick Sawle
- 22: Nobel Laureates' Letter Deeply Disappointing to Falklands - Falklands (Heritage) - 07.04.2012
- An Open Letter to Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Mairead Corrigan Maguire, Rigoberta Menchu Tum, Desmond Tutu, Jody Williams, Shirin Ebadi and Leymah Gbowee.
- 23: St Helena: Rockfall Protection - St Helena (Environment) - 07.04.2012
- Following a routine inspection of the Rockfall Protection Fences above Jamestown, the Roads Section discovered a section of fencing which had had some shackles removed, and others tampered with.
- 24: St Helena: Increases in Basic Island Pension and Income Related Benefits - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- Recipients of Basic Island Pension (BIP) and Income Related Benefits (IRB) are to receive a 4.7% increase from 1st April. This increase affects the basic rates of BIP and IRB and was agreed by Executive Council on 21st February 2012 as a step forward to protect the more vulnerable members of the community.
- 25: South Atlantic Loses Independent Newspaper - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- CLOSURE OF THE INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPER - THE FACTS
- 26: St Helena: Independent Owners Respond To Newspaper Closure - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- Here is the Truth and not parts of it
- 27: St Helena: Upcoming Constituency Meetings - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 07.04.2012
- Elected Members are keen to listen to the concerns of their constituents, and over the next two weeks have planned a series of Constituency Meetings in districts around the Island.
- 28: St Helena: Public Transport Review - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- SHG has begun a study to improve the Public Transport system on St Helena. A Team comprising, Robin Swaisland, Public Sector Modernisation Programme Leader, Nicky George, Senior Transport Manager, Owen James, Government Economist and Ian Jones, Chief Public Relations Officer are looking to consult bus users, service providers and residents to find out how the current public transport system can be improved.
- 29: St Helena: Grant of British Overseas Territories Citizenship - St Helena (Heritage) - 07.04.2012
- Mr Sunit Kumar has been granted British Overseas Territories Citizenship and undertook the Oath and Pledge of Allegiance in the presence of His Excellency, Governor Capes on Thursday 22nd March 2012.
- 30: St Helena: Water Tariffs - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- During last week’s Legislative Council debate on next year’s Budget; the Financial Secretary, Paul Blessington, made mention of proposed increases in utility tariffs that had been agreed earlier in March.
- 31: HUMAN RIGHTS RESOURCES ON ST HELENA - St Helena (Education) - 07.04.2012
- His Excellency Governor Capes last week hosted a reception at Plantation House to recognise the important work of the St Helena Human Rights Capacity Building Committee (HRCBC), chaired by Speaker Cathy Hopkins MBE, and to mark a milestone in the Committee’s endeavours - the launch of a set of Human Rights resources designed to inform the public and stimulate debate.
- 32: St Helena: TWO KEY POLICY DOCUMENTS PUBLISHED - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- Two key policy documents, the Sustainable Development Plan (SDP) and the Sustainable Economic Development Plan (SEDP) are now available on the SHG website.
- 33: St Helena: Electricity Tariffs - St Helena (Business News) - 07.04.2012
- During last week’s Legislative Council debate on this year’s Budget; mention was made of proposed increases in utility Tariffs that had been agreed earlier in March. Reference was made to an overall increase of 10%. However, this discussion did not go into the detail of the different parts of the Tariff that make up the overall increase. The Tariff (in Electricity) is made up of a number of elements.
- 34: FALKLAND ISLANDS DEFENCE FORCE MARK INVASION PLUS 30 - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.04.2012
- On Sunday afternoon eighteen former Members of the Falkland Islands Defence Force who were on duty the night of 01 April 1982 formed up on John Street where the former FIDF Hall was located and marched to the Liberation Monument on Ross Road.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)