|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | July 2010|
Articles published in July 2010Select individual articles below or view all 38 articles on one page.
38 articles published
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (25)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
|Jan (23)||Feb (25)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (51)||May (47)||Jun (46)|
|Jul (53)||Aug (48)||Sep (47)|
|Oct (51)||Nov (27)||Dec (32)|
- 1: Falklands Public Meeting Report for Tuesday, 27 July 2010 - Falklands (Business News) - 30.07.2010
- A public meeting was held in the Court and Assembly Chambers of the Town Hall on Tuesday, 27 July 2010. Members attending were Gavin Short (Chair), Jan Cheek, Roger Edwards, Sharon Halford, Emma Edwards and Glenn Ross.
- 2: St Helena EXCO REPORT 50 – 27th July 2010 - St Helena (Legal) - 29.07.2010
- This was the 50th EXCO that I have had the privilege of chairing. Whatever you may feel about the value of committees, EXCO is a particularly important one for all of us living here and it has been a very fulfilling experience to be involved in so much helpful and informed discussion.
- 3: Mrs Hilda Clingham 100 and Feeling “Great” - St Helena (Heritage) - 29.07.2010
- “ I feel great” are the words of an amazing lady, Mrs Hilda Clingham who, on Friday, 23rd July 2010, celebrated her 100th Birthday.
- 4: Appointment of Tourism Development Executive and Sales Marketing Executive - St Helena (Tourism/Travel) - 29.07.2010
- The Tourism Department will soon have two very experienced personnel joining their team to provide specialist international expertise to help SHG develop its tourism industry.
- 5: St Helena Certificate And Badge Of Honour To Mr Robert Macmillan Robertson - St Helena (Heritage) - 29.07.2010
- At approximately 1.30pm this afternoon, at the General Hospital, His Excellency Governor Andrew Gurr presented an Award of the Certificate and Badge of Honour to Mr Robert Macmillian Robertson,
- 6: St Helena Companies Ordinance, 2004 - St Helena (Legal) - 29.07.2010
- The Companies Ordinance, 2004, established a Companies Registry in St. Helena. The Registry is (in accordance with section 212 of the Ordinance) administered by the Registrar of Companies under the general supervision of the Attorney General.
- 7: St Helena Legislative Council to meet Formally on 2 August 2010 - St Helena (Legal) - 29.07.2010
- A Formal Session of the Legislative Council will be held in the Court House in Jamestown on Monday, 2 August 2010 at 10 am.
- 8: Tristan's Latest Fishing News - Tristan (Fisheries) - 28.07.2010
- After waiting for several days for suitable fishing weather, the dong rang on Monday the 26th for the first day of the fishing season,
- 9: Tristan's Latest Shipping News - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 28.07.2010
- The M.V. Edinburgh arrived at Tristan on the morning of the 22nd July
- 10: Argentine Walkout of IAP Could be an Own Goal - Falklands (Legal) - 26.07.2010
- Argentine representatives have walked out of their membership of the International Association of Prosecutors, IAP because the UN has given the Government of the Falkland Islands full membership
- 11: FIRS Goes One to One with Glenn Ross MLA - Falklands (Business News) - 25.07.2010
- LC: on today’s programme I visited the wind turbines with power station manager, Glenn Ross. We began in the control room at the power station where Glenn explained the different phases of the wind turbines.
- 12: REPAIR AND REFURBISHMENT OF THE CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL CLOCK - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 25.07.2010
- Good progress is being made with the project to repair and refurbish the 106 year old clock of Christ Church Cathedral.
- 13: Stanley Retail Price Index Review - Falklands (Business News) - 25.07.2010
- The policy Unity of the Falkland Islands Government has launched a review of the Stanley Retail Price Index is planned to begin on 1 September 2010 and run until the end of August 2011.
- 14: WORLD ECONOMIES REPORT GAINS REGARDLESS OF HIGHER CRUDE PRICES - Falklands (Business News) - 25.07.2010
- Thankfully, in the Falklands we are putting our wind farm to good use but we weathered the financial crunch fairly well.
- 15: Falklands' Exercise Purple Strike - Falklands (Education) - 25.07.2010
- During the previous week British Forces South Atlantic Islands (BFSAI) completed an arduous all-encompassing exercise in the depths of the Falkland Islands winter.
- 16: Keene PR Representative to make Familiarisation Visit - St Helena (Business News) - 25.07.2010
- Arriving at St Helena on a familiarisation visit from 3 – 11 August 2010 will be Suzanne Holiday. Suzanne is a representative from Keene PR, the current public relations agent for the RMS St Helena and St Helena Island.
- 17: St Helena’s Annual Fishing Competition 2010 - St Helena (Fisheries) - 25.07.2010
- In surprisingly mild weather conditions, the annual 2010 Fishing Competition, organized in conjunction with The Fisherman's Association and Argos Atlantic Cold Stores took place at the wharf on Saturday 10th July.
- 18: A New Airport Brings Bright Prospects to St Helena's Future - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 22.07.2010
- The long and agonising wait for the airport project to begin is now over for the people of St Helena.
- 19: Lobster Total Allowable Catches (TAC’s) for the 2010/11 season approved - Tristan (Fisheries) - 22.07.2010
- The following Total Allowable Catches (TAC’s) for the 2010/2011 season, as recommended by the Fisheries Department and approved by the Island Council at their meeting last week, are as follows;
- 20: F I Chamber of Commerce Reacts to Argentine Ban of Chilean Products to the Falklands - Falklands (Business News) - 20.07.2010
- The Board Members of the Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce are in sympathy with merchantserchants of Punta Arenas, Chile who have lost millions due to the Argentine ban on international trade through the Straits of Magellan headed towards the Falklands.
- 21: St Helena Government Plans Ahead - St Helena (Business News) - 19.07.2010
- On Friday, the 25th June, His Excellency the Governor, the Speaker of the House, Elected Members, Heads of Department, the Managing Director of SHDA and other senior government officials, attended an Away Day at the Jamestown Community Centre. The purpose of the day was to review key areas of the St Helena Government’s Policy Framework in order to determine the top priorities for allocation of resources within the next planning and budgeting session for 2011- 2014. The programme for the day was organised by the Strategic Planning Coordinator Mrs Susan O’Bey and her team from the Strategic Planning and Policy Unit.
- 22: St Helena Uupdate from the Access & Infrastructure Office - St Helena (Business News) - 19.07.2010
- During the next few weeks, the Access & Infrastructure Office intends to bring you up to date with the various projects being undertaken as part of the island's Infrastructure Plan. The main purpose of this is to a) ensure that there is an island wide understanding of the main aims of each of the projects and b) make everyone aware of the progress that has been made to date.
- 23: Appointment of Acting Administrator, Ascension Island - St Helena (Business News) - 19.07.2010
- Further to the press release dated 6 July 2010, Mr Miles Miller has been appointed Acting Administrator for the period 2 July – 22 July 2010,
- 24: St Helena Legislative Council (Remuneration and Allowances) (Amendment) Bill, 2010 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.07.2010
- A report by the Independent Commission to review the recommendations for remuneration of Councillors, Speaker and Deputy Speaker has been published as a Sessional Paper, for the next formal meeting of Legislative Council to be held on 2 August 2010.
- 25: Jamestown Wharf Improvement Programme Starts Soon - St Helena (Business News) - 19.07.2010
- After a great deal of preparation and planning, construction work is about to start on site for the much anticipated and necessary wharf improvements at the South and North ends of Jamestown Wharf.
- 26: St Helena's Acts of Bravery Recognised - St Helena (Heritage) - 19.07.2010
- On an isolated island such as St Helena, any unusual incident or tragedy affects most, if not all, of the community and there are some who go to great lengths to ensure rescue/closure for many.
- 27: St HelenaStrategic Policy and Planning Unit - St Helena (Business News) - 19.07.2010
- One of the components of the Public Sector Modernisation Programme (PSMP) was to provide support in strengthening Governance and Institutional Arrangements for Public Sector Management.
- 28: St Helena EXCO REPORT – 13th July 2010 - St Helena (Legal) - 19.07.2010
- All Members were present at today’s meeting and Gilly Francis stood in once again as Acting Chief Secretary.
- 29: Farmers' Week Begins with Rural Expo - Falklands (Business News) - 10.07.2010
- Farmers’ week began on Monday with an exposition of farming related businesses and breakfast in the Town Hall. The venue was organised by the Rural Business Association and featured a variety of business from Communications to Philately.
- 30: Meet Tristan da Cunha's New Councillors - S.Atlantic (Legal) - 10.07.2010
- Photo of Tristan da Cunha’s new council: back row from left – Robin Repetto (councillor) Ian Lavarello (Chief Islander) Beverley Repetto (councillor) James Glass (Deputy President) Marion Green (councillor) Lorraine Repetto (councillor) Conrad Glass (councillor) Dereck Rogers (councillor) - Front row sitting from left, Anne Green (councillor) Dawn Repetto (councillor) David Morley (Administrator) Iris Green (councillor)
Photo (c) James Glass (Tristan Times
- 31: Julian Yon Wins Spinning Wheel Trophy - Falklands (Heritage) - 10.07.2010
- Julian Yon has won the Spinning Wheel Trophy at the Susan Whitley Annual Exhibition held at the Infant/ Junior School and the Community School on the weekend of 03 and 04 July 2010. The Ex was also open on Monday.
Photos (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 32: EDS VISION AND MISSION EXPLAINED AT FALKLANDS' FARMERS WEEK - Falklands (Agriculture) - 10.07.2010
- Falklands’ farmers listened intently to a presentation of the Economic Development Strategy by Michael Poole at 1100hrs on Tuesday, 06 July 2010.
- 33: JURY OUT ON FALKLANDS' RAPTOR SHOOTING - Falklands (Agriculture) - 10.07.2010
- A lively presentation and discussion about RAPTOR shooting took place on Thursday morning at the annual Farmers’ Week meetings in the Town Hall.
- 34: Economic Development Strategy Launched in the Falklands - Falklands (Agriculture) - 10.07.2010
- The Falkland Islands Government had for public consultation the ‘Economic Development Strategy’ for the Falkland Islands. The public consultation period will end on Friday 10th September 2010.
- 35: St Helena's Government Plans Ahead - St Helena (Business News) - 10.07.2010
- On Friday, the 25th June, His Excellency the Governor, the Speaker of the House, Elected Members, Heads of Department, the Managing Director of SHDA and other senior government officials, attended an Away Day at the Jamestown Community Centre.
- 36: Storm Damages Tristan Da Cunha's Calshot Harbour - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 02.07.2010
- On the night of Friday 19th June 2010 a bad storm hit Calshot Harbour, causing severe damage to the west breakwater
- 37: Falklands Planning and Building Committee Meeting Report (02.07.10) - Falklands (Business News) - 02.07.2010
- Graham France tells us what happened during this important committee meeting.
- 38: Falkland Islands Tourist Board Predicts First Cruises for Stanley 2010/11 - Falklands (Tourism/Travel) - 02.07.2010
- Cruise ship companies have given the Falkland Islands Tourist Board the first indications on potential numbers of visits during the up and coming season of 2010/11.