|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | January 2008|
Articles published in January 2008Select individual articles below or view all 44 articles on one page.
44 articles published
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (25)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
|Jan (23)||Feb (25)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (51)||May (47)||Jun (46)|
|Jul (53)||Aug (48)||Sep (47)|
|Oct (51)||Nov (27)||Dec (32)|
- 1: Hydrocarbons Daily Record Wednesday, 30 January 2008 - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 31.01.2008
- Crude prices increased again today despite the 100,000 per day OPEC production increase.
- 2: Visit By CPA UK Branch Members to the Falklands - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 31.01.2008
- Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Branch Members will visit theFalklands in February.
- 3: Hydrocarbons Daily Record Tuesday, 29 January 2008 - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 30.01.2008
- Crude prices have ratcheted up with the market. If hydrocarbons products are priced too high people won't buy them.
- 4: Executive Council Meeting 24 January 2008 - Falklands (Legal) - 30.01.2008
- A meeting of Executive Council took place at Government House on 24 January 2008
- 5: Falklands General Purposes Committee Brief (01/28/08) - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2008
- A meeting of the General Purposes Committee took place on Wednesday, 23 January 2008 and Cllr Summers explained what happened to the media.
- 6: Hydrocarbons Daily Record Monday, 28 January 2008 - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 28.01.2008
- Market fluctuations again have increased the price of crude.
- 7: Update on Repatriation of the two Nationals From the Democratic Republic of Congo - St Helena (Legal) - 27.01.2008
- The Office of the Governor has today announced that the two stowaways from the Democratic Republic of Congo will not travel on the RMS St Helena tomorrow, 23 January, as originally intended, since there are no available berths.
- 8: St Helena Discussions on Financial Services and Money Laundering - St Helena (Legal) - 27.01.2008
- The first round of public consultation on proposed legislation for financial services and money laundering has been completed. This was achieved with public meetings being held at the Half Tree Hollow and Jamestown Community Centres.
- 9: Tristan da Cunha: Harbour Repair and Refurbishment Project - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 27.01.2008
- Tristan Administrator David Morley recently took the opportunity to brief the Tristan community via the Island's newly relaunched radio station, Atlantic FM, about plans for the harbour repair and refurbishment project.
- 10: H.E. THE GOVERNOR MR ANDREW GURR’S ASCENSION ISLAND REPORT - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 27.01.2008
- This report has been prepared for the people of Saint Helena and those Saints living and working on Ascension Island.
- 11: Hydrocarbons Daily Record Friday, 25 January 2008 - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 26.01.2008
- Todays crude prices are directly related to market shares but someone forgot to tell the traders that the market ended down.
- 12: SOUTH GEORGIA ICEFISH FISHERY SEEKS MSC CERTIFICATION - Br.Ant.Territory (Fisheries) - 25.01.2008
- A South Georgia fishery has become the 50th fishery currently undergoing public full assessment under the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)  standard for sustainable and well-managed fisheries.
- 13: St Helena Fishing News - St Helena (Fisheries) - 25.01.2008
- Argos Atlantic Cold Stores Ltd closed its doors for the 2007 Christmas festive season. No fish was received during this time and some of the local fishing vessels were lifted for maintenance.
- 14: Falklands NVQ and Apprentice Certificates Awarded - Falklands (Education) - 25.01.2008
- NVQ Candidates and Apprentices received their certificates at Government House on Monday evening at a reception hosted by H. E. the Governor Mr. Alan Huckle.
- 15: Falklands Public Meeting Report (22/01/08) - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 25.01.2008
- A public meeting took place in the Court and Council Chamber of the Town Hall on Tuesday, 22 January 2008 beginning at 1700hrs.
- 16: Hydrocarbons Daily Record Thursday 24 January 2008 - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 24.01.2008
- Crude prices increased today because share prices increased.
- 17: Ascension : Conservation Weekly - Pinniped Visitor! - Ascension (Environment) - 21.01.2008
- Shortly after Christmas, Ascension’s shores were home to an unusual pinniped visitor.
Photo (c) Ascension Conservation - Though this photo doesn't properly show it, this seal has been injured by an as yet unspecified source.
- 18: GOVERNOR GURR CHAIRS EXCO OVER THE PHONE - St Helena (Legal) - 18.01.2008
- Due to the wonders of technology I was able to chair this morning’s Executive Council from Ascension Island. Also I apologise for the fact that this is being recorded over the phone, so I probably sound more tinny than usual.
- 19: Viarsa's Just End - Falklands (Fisheries) - 17.01.2008
- F/V VIARSA, chased actoss the Southern and South Atlantic Oceans for 21 days has been dismantled in a Mumbai ship-wrecking yard.
Photos (c) AFMA - Viarsa being dismantled and Australian Customs - Viarsa in an unfriendly Southern Ocean
- 20: Falkland Gold and Minerals Limited top Change Company Strategy - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 17.01.2008
- FGML are to cease operating in the Falkland Islands.
- 21: Falklands Police News (16/01/08) - Falklands (Legal) - 16.01.2008
- Sergeant Dave Roberts of the Royal Falkand Islands Police updates us on the latest police activity.
- 22: Desire Board Appoints Robert Lyons Non-executive Director - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 15.01.2008
- Bob Lyons is no stranger to the hydrocarbons industry.
- 23: Falklands - A Question of Port - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 15.01.2008
- Balancing the cost of purchase vs value is important.
- 24: FOGL/BHP Billiton Falklands Visit Postponed - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 15.01.2008
- FOGL has announced that logistical problems have prevented the joint FOGL/BHP team from visiting the Falklands as scheduled.
- 25: RMS St Helena: Port Engine Problem - St Helena (Tourism/Travel) - 14.01.2008
- Although it is not always possible to inform the public concerning engineering details on the RMS St.Helena, we are obviously aware that there is a high level of interest in such matters.
- 26: Falkland Wool Growers Report for Week Ending 11 January 2008 - Falklands (Agriculture) - 14.01.2008
- Robert Hall updates us on last week's wool market.
- 27: Governor Gurr to Make First Official Visit to Ascension - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 10.01.2008
- Governor Gurr will make his first official visit to Ascension Island this month. The Governor will be accompanied by Mrs Gurr, and is due to depart St Helena on 10 January 2008.
- 28: FIGO Celebrates 25 Years of Service to Islanders - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 09.01.2008
- FIGO has turned 25 and has grown exponentially since the early days at 29 Tufton Street.
- 29: Upland Goose Hotel to Close - Falklands (Heritage) - 09.01.2008
- A major hotel in centre Stanley is to be converted into residential units.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Upland Goose Hotel as it is today.
- 30: Councillors Say No Charter Flights Until the Ban is Lifted - Falklands (Business News) - 08.01.2008
- UK Minister for the Overseas Territories, Ms. Meg Munn would like to see the Falklands and Argentina work together to fly in Argentine Next of Kin, but if Councillors have their way, there will be no flights untile the Argentines lift the Charter Flight Ban THEY imposed on us.
- 31: Overseas Territories Minister Visits the Falklands - Falklands (Business News) - 08.01.2008
- Ms. Meg Munn, UK Overseas Territories Minister, has come to the Falklands on a familiarisation visit.
- 32: Low Turn-out Returns Birmingham to Legislative Council - Falklands (Business News) - 08.01.2008
- Only 47.2% of the electorate turned out for the 03 January 2008 by-election.
- 33: New Priest for St. Helena - St Helena (Heritage) - 08.01.2008
- Monsignor Michael B McPartland has announced that a new Priest will come to St Helena.
- 34: Royal Marines Mark Falklands 175 by Unveilling Memorial - Falklands (Heritage) - 08.01.2008
- Royal Marines marked 175 years in the Falklands by unveilling a monument in honour of all who served.
- 35: Financial Information and News (080108) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 08.01.2008
- Day 2 and the problem still isn't fixed so clients can view what was produced today.
- 36: St. Helena - Public Consultation - Financial Services Legislation - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 08.01.2008
- A public meeting will be held at Half Tree Hollow Community Centre on Thursday 10th January, starting at 7:30pm, to discuss the Governments proposals to introduce legislation to regulate financial services businesses. A further meeting will be held in Jamestown on Monday 14th January also at 7.30pm.
- 37: Tamar-FI Back in Stanley - Falklands (Business News) - 08.01.2008
- Tamar apparently was stuck in rock and sand.
- 38: One Man, Seven Continents, Seven Days - Falklands (Heritage) - 08.01.2008
- One man is attempting to run 7 marathons in one week.
- 39: Financial Information and News (080107) - Tristan (Business News) - 07.01.2008
- Due to isp problems this news is put on the site so customers can at least see what was produced today.
- 40: St. Helena - Financial Services Legislation - St Helena (Business News) - 04.01.2008
- The Attorney General's Chambers published two draft Bills on Wednesday 19th December, to support a process of public consultation.
- 41: FIDC to Hold Deep Water Seminar - Falklands (Business News) - 04.01.2008
- FIDC are hosting a half-day seminar on the topic of “A Deep Water Port for the 21st Century – Where?” on 28th January from 09:00 until 12:00 at the Chamber of Commerce.
- 42: New Arrangements for the Issuance of UK Visas - S.Atlantic (Legal) - 04.01.2008
- From 1 January 2008, those applying worldwide for visas for the UK will need to provide biometric information, in the form of digital fingerscans and photographs, as part of the application process.
- 43: St Helenians on New Years Honours List - St Helena (Heritage) - 04.01.2008
- H. E. the Governor Mr Andrew Gurr has announced two from St. Helena are on H.M. the Queen's New Years Honours List.
- 44: Prime Minister's New Year's Message to the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.01.2008
- The Prime Minister has set the record straight about sovereignty.