|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Saint Helena|
SAINT HELENA: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (34) - Archived (1234) - All (1268)
- 1: NEW ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- His Excellency Governor Capes has appointed Frank Wastell as the new Attorney General for St Helena, following Ken Baddon’s tenure. Mr Baddon relinquished Office on 30 November 2013.
- 2: St Helena: PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL AWARDS CEREMONY - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- The Prince Andrew School Awards ceremony was held in the school hall on the morning of Thursday 29 November.
- 3: DFID INFRASTRUCTURE ADVISERS VISIT ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- John Bowker, DFID’s Infrastructure Adviser and Pauline Scott, DFID’s Deputy Programme Manager, arrived on Island on Monday 25 November.
- 4: St Helena: EXCO REPORT: 3 DECEMBER 2013 - St Helena (Legal) - 06.12.2013
- Executive Council met today to discuss three items on the open agenda.
- 5: St Helena: PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER GAINS MASTERS DEGREE - St Helena (Education) - 06.12.2013
- Public Relations Officer Kerisha Stevens has recently gained a Masters Degree in Communications, Media and Public Relations from the University of Leicester.
- 6: ST HELENA DARWIN SUCCESS - St Helena (Environment) - 06.12.2013
- The Overseas Territories Environment and Climate Fund (Darwin Plus) was launched last year by the UK Government, with the aim of helping to deliver long-term strategic outcomes for the natural environment in the UK’s Overseas Territories.
- 7: St Helena: HOUSING TOUR WED 11 DECEMBER - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- Housing Executive, Andy Crowe, and Housing Management Officer, Tracy Thomas, will carry out a series of visits on Wednesday 11 December
- 8: Seasonal Message from SHG Housing Executive Andy Crowe - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- “December can be a really expensive time, especially for families, so SHG’s housing team wishes to remind everyone to make sure that their housing costs are considered.
- 9: St Helena: UPDATED CONTRACTS REGISTER PUBLISHED - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 06.12.2013
- As part of St Helena Government’s (SHG) commitment to increase transparency in the Procurement process, SHG has today made available to the public an updated Contracts Register
- 10: St helena: RFA DARKDALE ¡V NEXT STEPS - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- In May 2012 a Ministry of Defence (MOD) team from Salvage and Marine Operations, supported by environmental scientists from RPS Consultants, visited St Helena to survey the wreck of the RFA Darkdale and the surrounding James¡¦ Bay.
- 11: St Helena: PIGEON CULLING AT HORSE POINT - St Helena (Environment) - 06.12.2013
- EMD will be undertaking Feral Pigeon Culling at Horse Point Landfill Site on a monthly basis between December 2013 and March 2014, in an effort to reduce pigeon numbers as part of the mitigation of bird strike risk to aircraft in advance of the Airport certification process.
- 12: St Helena COMMONWEALTH ESSAY GOLD WINNER - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Every year, the Commonwealth Essay Competition encourages and inspires young writers to submit their stories from all over the world.
- 13: St Helena: SOCIAL WELFARE REVIEW PUBLISHED - St Helena (Health) - 30.11.2013
- Today sees the publication on SHG¡¦s website of the St Helena Social Welfare Review, a report by Roy Sainsbury and Jonathan Bradshaw of the University of York.
- 14: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - 19 NOVEMBER 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 19 November 2013, to discuss one item on the open agenda.
- 15: St Helena: INCREASES IN BIP AND IRB - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- SHG is pleased to announce that recipients of Basic Island Pension (BIP) and Income Related Benefits (IRB) will receive an increase in their weekly allowance from 1 December 2013. This was agreed by Executive Council on 14 November 2013.
- 16: St Helena: CONSTITUENCY MEETINGS IN NOVEMBER - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 30.11.2013
- Legislative Councillors are holding a series of public meetings in November. During each meeting there will be a minimum of three Members present
- 17: St Helena: CHANGES TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- One of the objectives of St Helena’s Sustainable Development Plan is to facilitate private, public, tourist and business development across the Island through an improved public transport system
- 18: SHG SEEKS COMMENTS ON NEW HOUSING POLICIES - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- St Helena Government is seeking comments from the public on a range of new housing policies.
- 19: St Helena: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING, 7 NOVEMBER 2013 - SUMMARY - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- An Economic Development Committee meeting was held on 7 November 2013 in the Council Chamber at the Castle.
- 20: St Helena: 2012-13 EXAMINATIONS REPORT - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2013
- At the last meeting of the Education Committee, Chairperson, the Hon Christine Scipio-O’Dean and Committee members, received a report which set out details of the performance of St Helena’s schools during 2012-13.
- 21: St Helena: POST OFFICE AND CSC IMPROVEMENTS - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- As part of our ongoing commitment to improving services within SHG, The Post Office & and Customer Service Centre (CSC) we will be introducing a number of changes that will be both visible to the public and behind the scenes.
- 22: REMEMBRANCE DAY ON ST HELENA AND IN LONDON - St Helena (Heritage) - 30.11.2013
- The traditional Remembrance Day Service was held at the Cenotaph on the seafront
- 23: St Helena: OLYMPIC TROLLEYS - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Twenty five luggage trolleys arrived on the RMS on 30 October 2013 and were used for the first time on 6 November, when passengers disembarked the RMS and proceeded through Immigration and Customs control.
- 24: St Helena: COUNCILLOR DOLLERY APPOINTED TO PAC - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- At this morning’s formal Legislative Council meeting, Councillor Nigel Dollery was elected to serve as a member of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
- 25: St Helena: JOHN CRANFIELD APPOINTED JUSTICE OF THE PEACE - St Helena (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- John Cranfield of Jamestown has been appointed a Justice of the Peace (JP) in and for the Island of St Helena.
- 26: St Helena: SUPREME COURT ADJUDICATION – 8 November 2013 - St Helena (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- ..in St Helena’s Supreme Court, Jeromy Cairns Wicks pleaded guilty to downloading indecent images from the internet onto his computer. This is the first prosecution of this category on St Helena and follows an investigation in which computer materials were seized during the execution of a warrant
- 27: BANK OF ST HELENA YOUTH GAMES OPEN - St Helena (Heritage) - 30.11.2013
- On Friday 22 November Bank of St Helena Ltd (BOSH) launched its eighth sponsored Youth Games, which runs from 22 November to 18 December.
- 28: NEW RECRUITS FOR ST HELENA POLICE - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- The St Helena Police and Prison Service has recently welcomed four additions to their ranks - a Probation Officer and three Police Constables from the UK
- 29: St Helena: EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETING, 20 NOVEMBER 2013 ¡V SUMMARY - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2013
- The Education Committee met on 20 November 2013 at the Education Learning Centre
- 30: St Helena: ST PAUL’S PRIMARY SCHOOL’S MATHS WORKSHOP - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2013
- On Monday evening, on 18 November, a Mathematics Workshop was held at St Paul’s Primary School.
- 31: RMS ST HELENA - SHG CONTACT - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 30.11.2013
- Following the departure of Julian Morris from Enterprise St Helena (ESH), the Shipping Officer role - as defined in the Tripartite Agreement between St Helena Line Ltd (SHL), St Helena Government (SHG) and the Department for International Development (DfID) - has now been transferred from ESH to SHG.
- 32: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 33: New Head Teacher for Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 13.01.2011
- The new Head Teacher of Prince Andrew School, Abraham Swart accompanied by his wife arrived on island on Tuesday, 11th January 2011.
- 34: St. Helena: A Fishery on the Way Up! - St Helena (Fisheries) - 02.04.2003
- St. Helena's fishery is quite different than that of South Georgia. The style and approach of stock assessmant and management reflect the uniqueness of the fishery.