|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Saint Helena|
SAINT HELENA: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (36) - Archived (1417) - All (1453)
- 1: NEW SOLAR FARM FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Environment) - 10.09.2014
- On 12 August 2014, ExCo agreed to the allocation of £1m of extra funding to build a new solar farm for electricity generation on St Helena.
- 2: St Helena: PHARMACY BUS TIMES - St Helena (Business News) - 10.09.2014
- Further to the press release issued yesterday (Tuesday 9 September 2014) regarding Outpatient Clinics, the Health & Social Services Directorate would like to remind the public of the dates and times of the Pharmacy Bus facility in the districts:
- 3: St Helena: OUTPATIENT CLINICS - St Helena (Health) - 09.09.2014
- Due to an unusual and high number of nurse staff absences, the Health & Social Services Directorate wishes to inform the public that non-Jamestown outpatient clinics are temporarily unavailable from tomorrow morning (10 September 2014).
- 4: St Helena: AIRPORT FUEL MANAGEMENT CONTRACT AGREED - St Helena (Business News) - 09.09.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce the finalisation of the Fuel Management Contract between SHG and GreyStar Europe to operate the new Bulk Fuel Installation (BFI) in Rupert’s Valley.
- 5: St Helena: DONATION OF UNIFORM TO ST HELENA POLICE - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2014
- The St Helena Police Service took delivery of twelve parcels of Police uniform from last week’s arrival of the RMS, donated by Sussex Police in the UK.
- 6: AIR SERVICE PROCUREMENT FOR ST HELENA PHASE 2 COMMENCES - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce that Invitations to Tender (ITT) for the provision of air services to St Helena have today been issued to pre-qualified parties.
- 7: St Helena: ‘A LOOK AT ST HELENA’S MARINE LIFE’ – LOCAL TV - St Helena (Education) - 05.09.2014
- ‘A Look at St Helena’s Marine Life’, will be shown on local TV channel 1, commencing on Friday 5 September.
- 8: St Helena: RECEPTION CELEBRATES COMMONWEALTH TEAM - St Helena (Education) - 05.09.2014
- A reception was hosted by HE the Governor and Mrs Capes last night at Plantation House, to welcome back St Helena’s Commonwealth Games participants and celebrate their achievements with family, friends and officials.
- 9: St Helena: APPOINTMENT OF ACTING SHERIFF - St Helena (Legal) - 05.09.2014
- Harry Legg OBE JP has been appointed by Governor Capes as Acting Sheriff of St Helena (see attached photo), whilst the current Sheriff, Greta Pat Musk MBE JP, is away from the Island.
- 10: St Helena: SENIOR SOCIAL WORKERS ARRIVE - St Helena (Health) - 02.09.2014
- Paul Bridgewater, Jane Jones and Suzie Nixon arrived on Island on 28 August 2014 to take on three new senior Social Services roles on St Helena.
- 11: St Helena: BENEFITS OF NEW PAVEMENT – WHEELCHAIR ACCESS ON MAIN STREET - St Helena (Health) - 01.09.2014
- In June 2014 work commenced on the pavement areas in lower Jamestown, as part of the Main Street Enhancement Project.
- 12: St Helena: PUBLIC ACCESS TO SHG INFORMATION - NEW CODE OF PRACTICE - St Helena (Business News) - 01.09.2014
- St Helena Government (SHG) already provides accurate and timely information to the public in many ways - including through routine publishing of public information and by interaction with the media - as part of open and transparent Government.
- 13: St Helena: OUTBREAK OF POULTRY DISEASE - UPDATE - St Helena (Health) - 22.08.2014
- An outbreak of a serious and highly contagious bird disease has been identified in two specific chicken flocks in Half Tree Hollow and New Ground.
- 14: St Helena: CLOSURE OF LOWER WHARF THIS WEEKEND - UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 22.08.2014
- As previously advised on 11 August, the Lower Wharf will be closed from 12.30pm tomorrow, Saturday 23 August 2014, until Monday morning 25 August (Bank Holiday Monday).
- 15: ST HELENA GCSE RESULTS 2014 - BEST EVER RECORDED! - St Helena (Education) - 22.08.2014
- For young people and their parents, today represents the end of a period of waiting since exams took place a few months ago - today is the day that Prince Andrew School students receive their GCSE results - and they are the best ever recorded.
- 16: St Helena: FUEL LEAKAGE IN RUPERT’S - St Helena (Business News) - 21.08.2014
- It was brought to the attention of SHG on Wednesday 20 August 2014 that a section of fuel line used for the movement of fuel from the tanker to the fuel tanks in Rupert’s - was damaged. The affected area is directly behind the beach area.
- 17: St Helena: OUTBREAK OF SERIOUS POULTRY DISEASE - St Helena (Agriculture) - 21.08.2014
- An outbreak of a serious and highly contagious bird disease has been identified in two specific chicken flocks in Half Tree Hollow and New Ground. ANRD Veterinary Service is working with a major UK laboratory to diagnose the disease.
- 18: St Helena: LUCY FAITHFULL FOUNDATION REPORT - St Helena (Education) - 20.08.2014
- Two representatives of the Lucy Faithfull Foundation (LFF) visited St Helena for two weeks in May 2013, primarily to review the way SHG handled child protection cases. Their visit was initiated, contracted and paid for by the UK Government.
- 19: RMS ST HELENA CREW ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR SOUTH ATLANTIC MEDAL - St Helena (Heritage) - 19.08.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce that the volunteer crew of the RMS St Helena who, along with HMS Ledbury and HMS Brecon, sailed to the Falkland Islands during the conflict in 1982, are able to apply to be the proud recipients of the South Atlantic Medal (without rosette).
- 20: St Helena: QUARTERLY STATISTICAL BULLETIN - St Helena (Business News) - 19.08.2014
- The Quarterly Statistical News Bulletin, published in August 2014, covers the period April to June 2014 and contains updates for the annual rate of inflation of the Retail Price Index, Income and Imports, Estimated Population, Migration and Vehicles on St Helena.
- 21: St Helena: Annual Reading Awareness Day on Thursday 14 August 2014. - St Helena (Education) - 15.08.2014
- The Public Library in Jamestown hosted its annual Reading Awareness Day on Thursday 14 August 2014.
- 22: St Helena: COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 13.08.2014
- Councillor Leslie Baldwin’s full report on the 44th British Isles and Mediterranean Region annual conference hosted by the Wales Branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, in Cardiff Bay, from 27-30 May 2014, is now available on the SHG website.
- 23: St Helena: ROAD MAINTENANCE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 13.08.2014
- As part of the on-going road maintenance program, the Highways Authority has given approval for the road from New Bridge to The Briars junction to be closed for an initial period of 15 weeks, starting on Monday 18 August 2014.
- 24: St Helena: PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL AWARDS CEREMONY - St Helena (Education) - 12.08.2014
- Friday 8 August 2014 saw Prince Andrew School hold its end of year Achievement Awards Ceremony, accompanied by musical performances. Students, parents and invited guests gathered, including HE Governor Capes, Chief Secretary Roy Burke, Councillor Christine Scipio-O’Dean, Director of Education Colin Moore and Father Dale.
- 25: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 12 AUGUST 2014 - St Helena (Education) - 12.08.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 12 August 2014, to discuss two items on the Open Agenda.
- 26: ST HELENA’S FUTURE LEADERS URGED TO APPLY FOR UK’S PRESTIGIOUS CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP - St Helena (Education) - 12.08.2014
- Talented professionals and public servants from St Helena are able to apply for a scholarship award under the UK’s flagship Chevening programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- 27: St Helena: COUNCILLORS CONSTITUENCY SURGERIES 16 AUGUST - 6 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 11.08.2014
- For their second round of meetings with constituents Councillors will be taking a more personal approach by holding constituency surgeries instead of the normal constituency meetings.
- 28: St Helena: ROAD MAINTENANCE - St Helena (Business News) - 08.08.2014
- As part of the on-going road maintenance program, the Highways Authority has given approval for the road from New Bridge to The Briars junction to be closed for an initial period of 15 weeks, starting on Monday 18 August 2014. The closure will be for 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, weather permitting.
- 29: St Helena: FORMAL LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL – MONDAY 11 August 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 07.08.2014
- Formal Legislative Council will sit on Monday 11 August at 10am in the Court House, Jamestown. This session is expected to last a day and will be broadcast live via SAMS Radio 1.
- 30: St Helena: Photography Competition/World Tourism Day - St Helena (Heritage) - 05.08.2014
- The St Helena Arts & Crafts Association in collaboration with St Helena Tourism invites you to enter “SAINTS AT WORK AND PLAY”
A PHOTO COMPETION FOR ALL AGES
- 31: St Helena: UNIDENTIFIED ANIMAL SIGHTINGS - UPDATE - St Helena (Environment) - 04.08.2014
- Further to the press release issued on 14 July 2014 this is an update on strange animal sightings (first seen in Rupert’s Valley) on St Helena.
- 32: St Helena: FIRST CLASS HONOURS FOR STACEY - St Helena (Education) - 04.08.2014
- Stacey Thomas from Longwood has been awarded a First Class Honours Degree at the University of Hertfordshire, studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- 33: St Helena: GOVERNOR WELCOMES NEW SENIOR COLLEAGUES - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 23.06.2014
- HE Governor Capes formally welcomed the new Chief Secretary, Roy Burke and his wife Jill, and the new DfID resident Representative Morgan Riley - at a reception at Plantation House on Friday 20 June 2014
- 34: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 35: New Head Teacher for Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 13.01.2011
- The new Head Teacher of Prince Andrew School, Abraham Swart accompanied by his wife arrived on island on Tuesday, 11th January 2011.
- 36: St. Helena: A Fishery on the Way Up! - St Helena (Fisheries) - 02.04.2003
- St. Helena's fishery is quite different than that of South Georgia. The style and approach of stock assessmant and management reflect the uniqueness of the fishery.