|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Saint Helena|
SAINT HELENA: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (25) - Archived (1436) - All (1461)
- 1: SHG Seeks Administrative Assistant - St Helena (Business News) - 18.09.2014
- The St Helena Government UK Office in central London is seeking the services of a part-time Administrative Assistant.
- 2: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 16.09.2014
- Executive Council met today Tuesday 16 September 2014 with five items on the Open Agenda.
- 3: St Helena: PUBLIC TRANSPORT REVIEW 2014 CONSULTANT’S REPORT PUBLISHED - St Helena (Business News) - 16.09.2014
- Public transport consultant George Watson has now finalised his report on bus services on St Helena, which has today been published on the SHG website Publications page at
- 4: 60th COMMONWEALTH PARLIAMENTARY CONFERENCE - St Helena (Business News) - 16.09.2014
- Councillor Christine Scipio-O’Dean will depart St Helena this week to attend the 60th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference and 34th Small Branches Conference in Cameroon, which will run from 2 - 10 October 2014.
- 5: St Helena: DRY GUT PUBLIC OPEN DAYS - St Helena (Business News) - 15.09.2014
- To mark the completion of the Dry Gut Fill, two public Open Days will be held at the Airport site on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 September 2014 from 10am to 2pm.
- 6: St Helena: EXCO MEETING – Tuesday 16 September 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 12.09.2014
- Executive Council will meet next Tuesday morning, 16 September 2014, in the Council Chamber.
- 7: St Helena: POLICE PRESENTATION – CONFIRMATION IN RANK - St Helena (Heritage) - 12.09.2014
- Five St Helena Police Constables were officially Confirmed in Rank during a special ceremony in the Council Chamber on Wednesday 10 September 2014.
- 8: DISEASED CHICKEN SAMPLES TESTED IN LONDON - St Helena (Agriculture) - 12.09.2014
- With the cooperation of the RMS St Helena, the conservation team on Ascension Island and the RAF, the poultry samples taken from St Helena - consisting of sera, multiple organs, and swabs taken from eight severely affected chickens - arrived in excellent condition at the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations reference laboratory in London.
- 9: NEW SOLAR FARM FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Environment) - 10.09.2014
- On 12 August 2014, ExCo agreed to the allocation of £1m of extra funding to build a new solar farm for electricity generation on St Helena.
- 10: St Helena: PHARMACY BUS TIMES - St Helena (Business News) - 10.09.2014
- Further to the press release issued yesterday (Tuesday 9 September 2014) regarding Outpatient Clinics, the Health & Social Services Directorate would like to remind the public of the dates and times of the Pharmacy Bus facility in the districts:
- 11: St Helena: OUTPATIENT CLINICS - St Helena (Health) - 09.09.2014
- Due to an unusual and high number of nurse staff absences, the Health & Social Services Directorate wishes to inform the public that non-Jamestown outpatient clinics are temporarily unavailable from tomorrow morning (10 September 2014).
- 12: St Helena: AIRPORT FUEL MANAGEMENT CONTRACT AGREED - St Helena (Business News) - 09.09.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce the finalisation of the Fuel Management Contract between SHG and GreyStar Europe to operate the new Bulk Fuel Installation (BFI) in Rupert’s Valley.
- 13: St Helena: DONATION OF UNIFORM TO ST HELENA POLICE - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2014
- The St Helena Police Service took delivery of twelve parcels of Police uniform from last week’s arrival of the RMS, donated by Sussex Police in the UK.
- 14: AIR SERVICE PROCUREMENT FOR ST HELENA PHASE 2 COMMENCES - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce that Invitations to Tender (ITT) for the provision of air services to St Helena have today been issued to pre-qualified parties.
- 15: St Helena: ‘A LOOK AT ST HELENA’S MARINE LIFE’ – LOCAL TV - St Helena (Education) - 05.09.2014
- ‘A Look at St Helena’s Marine Life’, will be shown on local TV channel 1, commencing on Friday 5 September.
- 16: St Helena: RECEPTION CELEBRATES COMMONWEALTH TEAM - St Helena (Education) - 05.09.2014
- A reception was hosted by HE the Governor and Mrs Capes last night at Plantation House, to welcome back St Helena’s Commonwealth Games participants and celebrate their achievements with family, friends and officials.
- 17: St Helena: APPOINTMENT OF ACTING SHERIFF - St Helena (Legal) - 05.09.2014
- Harry Legg OBE JP has been appointed by Governor Capes as Acting Sheriff of St Helena (see attached photo), whilst the current Sheriff, Greta Pat Musk MBE JP, is away from the Island.
- 18: St Helena: SENIOR SOCIAL WORKERS ARRIVE - St Helena (Health) - 02.09.2014
- Paul Bridgewater, Jane Jones and Suzie Nixon arrived on Island on 28 August 2014 to take on three new senior Social Services roles on St Helena.
- 19: St Helena: BENEFITS OF NEW PAVEMENT – WHEELCHAIR ACCESS ON MAIN STREET - St Helena (Health) - 01.09.2014
- In June 2014 work commenced on the pavement areas in lower Jamestown, as part of the Main Street Enhancement Project.
- 20: St Helena: PUBLIC ACCESS TO SHG INFORMATION - NEW CODE OF PRACTICE - St Helena (Business News) - 01.09.2014
- St Helena Government (SHG) already provides accurate and timely information to the public in many ways - including through routine publishing of public information and by interaction with the media - as part of open and transparent Government.
- 21: St Helena: COUNCILLORS CONSTITUENCY SURGERIES 16 AUGUST - 6 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 11.08.2014
- For their second round of meetings with constituents Councillors will be taking a more personal approach by holding constituency surgeries instead of the normal constituency meetings.
- 22: St Helena: GOVERNOR WELCOMES NEW SENIOR COLLEAGUES - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 23.06.2014
- HE Governor Capes formally welcomed the new Chief Secretary, Roy Burke and his wife Jill, and the new DfID resident Representative Morgan Riley - at a reception at Plantation House on Friday 20 June 2014
- 23: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 24: New Head Teacher for Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 13.01.2011
- The new Head Teacher of Prince Andrew School, Abraham Swart accompanied by his wife arrived on island on Tuesday, 11th January 2011.
- 25: St. Helena: A Fishery on the Way Up! - St Helena (Fisheries) - 02.04.2003
- St. Helena's fishery is quite different than that of South Georgia. The style and approach of stock assessmant and management reflect the uniqueness of the fishery.