|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Falkland Islands|
FALKLAND ISLANDS: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (37) - Archived (3345) - All (3382)
- 1: MESSY CHURCH CELEBRATES TWO YEARS IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.04.2014
- In April Messy Church is celebrating not only Easter, but two birthdays as well!
- 2: Falklands Business Climate Survey Results Awaited - Falklands (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- The FIDC Business Climate Survey 2014 was distributed to businesses electronically on Tuesday the 1st April 2014.
- 3: NEW FALKLANDS ATTORNEY GENERAL TAKES UP HIS POST - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- A new Attorney General, Mr Peter Judge QC, has taken over the post from Mr Mark Lewis, who has completed his contract and left the Falklands.
- 4: Consultation on Support Rural Tax Development Launched - Falklands (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- The introduction of a number of tax reliefs designed to facilitate growth in the rural economy are being considered by the Falkland Islands Government.
- 5: Miss Vivienne Perkins – 1934 to 2014 - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.04.2014
- It is with profound sadness that FINN heard over FIRS that Miss Vivienne Perkins passed away at the King Edward memorial Hospital in Stanley on the morning of Monday, 14 April 2014.
- 6: Falklands Executive Council Report 9 April 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 21.04.2014
Executive Council this week consisted of 2 parts; the ordinary Executive Council and the Budget Executive Council where papers that need to go to the Budget Select Committee were reviewed and sent on for further discussion and public consultation where appropriate
- 7: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY – THURSDAY, 27 MARCH 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place in the court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 0900hrs on Thursday, 27 March 2014.
- 8: Legislative Assembly 27 march 2014 Motions - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- That this House recommends the adoption of the Draft Islands’ Plan 2014 to 2018
- 9: Portfolio Report of the Hon Mrs Phyl Rendell, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker. I am going to speak today about Natural Resources.
- 10: Portfolio Report of the Hon Mr Roger Edwards, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable colleagues, firstly let me say a very big welcome to Peter Judge, our new Attorney General who is sitting here with us today and was sworn in earlier.
- 11: Portfolio Report of the Hon Mr Michael Poole, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members this is my second portfolio update and similar to my Honourable Colleagues I tend to focus in on three issues today that I didn’t cover in January.
- 12: Portfolio Report of the Hon Mr Gavin Short, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, as is normal I would like to start with a brief gallop around the Public Works Department keeping some headline issues that happened over the past few weeks before concentrating on one section.
- 13: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Honourable Mrs Jan Cheek, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I would like to comment first of all on the fact that we’ve got the biggest audience I can recall for some years. And to welcome especially the students who are in that audience.
- 14: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Honourable Mrs Phyl Rendell, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, in rising to support the Motion, I just wanted to say a few words about our visit to West Falkland and to Goose Green over the last weekend. I have spoken at length about my portfolio so you have heard enough of that.
- 15: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Honourable Mr Mike Summers, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I just wanted to talk today about some overseas issues.
- 16: Motion for Adjournment Speech of the Honourable Mr Gavin Short, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support and speak to the Motion for Adjournment I will probably get myself into all sorts of trouble here because I am going to doing things that you should not do like repeating subjects that have been covered.
- 17: Motion for Adjournment Speech of the Honourable Mr Roger Edwards, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will be very brief. I think the Honourable Phyllis Rendell stole my notes because my jottings were identical to what she was saying.
- 18: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Honourable Mr Michael Poole, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable members, there are just two things from me.
- 19: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Honourable Dr Barry Elsby, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, yes, I too am pleased to see many students here today and Byron, as you know, has been working with members and with the staff at Gilbert House.
- 20: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Commander British Forces South Atlantic Islands - Falklands (Legal) - 21.04.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I would like to thank the Honourable Roger Edwards for his comments regarding my visit to West Falkland last week.
- 21: PROTOCOLS AND POPES - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- Press speculation about Papal help in starting negotiations over the Falkland Islands has been ripe since the Argentine President, Christina Fernandez de Kirchner had lunch with the Pope in his Vatican residence this week. That meeting, when the Argentine President called for an end to British rule in the Falklands, took two hours
- 22: ONE DEAD AND THREE SERIOUSLY INJURED IN DARWIN-STANLEY ROAD RTA - Falklands (Health) - 31.03.2014
- One visiting Argentine War Veteran, Gustavo Antelo, has died and three of his colleagues, Norberto Di Prospero, Fabian Zaccardi and Facundo Di Prospero were injured when the vehicle in which they were riding came off the Darwin-Stanley Road and rolled over on Thursday.
- 23: Falklands: Executive Council Report 12 March 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 31.03.2014
- MLAs Summers, Elsby and Rendell attended the meeting and MLA Hansen attended for one item.
- 24: FALKLANDS: MINE CLEARANCE QUESTION SNSWERED BY MLA SUMMERS - Falklands (Environment) - 31.03.2014
- A member of the public, Eric Goss, has asked for a public statement on why there was no mine clearance activity this summer. We are therefore able to advise as follows:
- 25: Falklands: SECRETARIAT FLAGPOLE REPLACED - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- On Monday 10th March, the flagpole’s rope broke and the flag was jammed at the top of the pole until the Public Works Department were able to remove it on Tuesday 11th March.
- 26: Falklands: Citizen’s Advice Bureau Annual Report - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The CAB was formed in July 2012 – an offshoot of the Falkland Islands Human Rights Group. We agreed a Constitution (enclosed) and will shortly be holding our first Annual General Meeting.
- 27: FALKLANDS: INVESTIGATION INTO FORMER FICS TEACHER - Falklands (Education) - 31.03.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government confirm that an investigation is on-going regarding allegations of sexual activity with a child against a former teacher at the Falkland Islands Community School. The former teacher left the Falkland Islands several years ago and is now resident in the United Kingdom.
- 28: Falklands: NOBLE ENERGY PRESENTS AT NARROWS BAR - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 31.03.2014
- Noble energy presented an update on their operations at the Narrows Bar on Monday, 24 March 2014.
- 29: Falkland Islands CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WELCOMES STACY - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce has a new Executive Secretary.
- 30: FALKLANDS: CAREERS FAIR AT FICS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- A careers fair has been scheduled to take place at the Leisure Centre Sports Hall on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 from 1400hrs to 1600hrs.
- 31: STANLEY MARATHON 2014: SUNNY ATTITUDES THOUGH PLAGUED BY WEATHER - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- The Standard Chartered Bank’s 10th annual marathon in aid of Seeing is Believing has been completed despite some miserable weather that plagued the runners.
- 32: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 33: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 34: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 35: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 36: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 37: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?