|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Falkland Islands|
FALKLAND ISLANDS: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (23) - Archived (3455) - All (3478)
- 1: TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE OUT FOR PUBLIC CONSULTATION - Falklands (Business News) - 29.08.2014
- A public consultation regarding telecommunications services in the Falkland Islands will be carried out from Friday 29th August 2014 until Friday 26th September 2014.
- 2: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 28 AUGUST 2014 (PART 1) - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 28.08.2014
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0900hrs on Thursday, 28 August 2014 at the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall.
- 3: PORTFOLIO REPORT AND DEBATE OF ME GAVIN SHORT MLA (28/08/14) - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 28.08.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, it has been quite a while since I have given a report on the Public Works Department and there has been a fair bit going on since I last reported to the House.
- 4: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 27 August 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 27.08.2014
- The first paper of the day was the Financial Business Case for a New Port and the Director of Central Services (DCS) attended for this item.
- 5: YPF Discovers O&G In Patagonia - Good News for Argentina and helpful news for the Falklands’ Oil industry - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 26.08.2014
- Any good news about oil and gas discoveries in the Patagonian area of Argentina and Chile has potentially good results for the Falklands’ Oil industry in that reserves of hydrocarbons have no respect for political borders.
- 6: West Falkland resident is off to the University of Oxford - Falklands (Education) - 19.08.2014
- Clare Cockwell, a West Falkland resident is off to the University of Oxford later this year
- 7: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 1 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- A public meeting was held in the court and Assembly Chamber of the town hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 18 august 2014.
- 8: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- Why can't the taxes that are paid by the employer be a deductible expense for their own taxes (Corporate or private) in the same way as other employer related expenses, given that there is no benefit to the employer – l. E. if you employ people from overseas, paying MST does not entitle the employer to free access to all of the health care system, outside and sometimes costly medical insurance is still required?
- 9: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 3 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- Questions from the floor included one from Stella Prindle-Middleton who said she was confused about a letter in last week’s Penguin News by the Head of the Department of Human Resources.
- 10: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 4 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- Mike Summers didn’t think that would be right. It could be approached in two separate ways in that in terms of a privatisation – bearing in mind there is a poor sitting of law in this area in the Falklands – in the UK, for about four decades there have been ....
- 11: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 12: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 30th July 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 30.07.2014
- During matters arising we reviewed the progress made in securing additional classrooms for the IJS.
- 13: Falklands: NEW DIRECTOR OF CENTRAL SERVICES APPOINTED - Falklands (Business News) - 30.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government is pleased to announce the appointment of Matt Bassford as the new Director of Central Services, succeeding Simon Fletcher who leaves the Islands this August.
- 14: Fishing Vessel “Venturer” – Crewman Lost Overboard - Falklands (Fisheries) - 28.07.2014
- On 28 July 2014, at 18:24 hrs. FV Venturer reported that a crewman had fallen overboard.
- 15: KEEN RUNNER TAKES OVER STANDARD CHARTERED BANK IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 28.07.2014
- A new chief Executive Officer for Standard Chartered Bank has arrived in the Falklands to take over from Binoy Karia
- 16: Falklands: Change of name for Chamber Board - Falklands (Business News) - 25.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce (FICOC) held its Annual General Meeting on Friday evening (25th July) where it was agreed that the FICOC Council will now be called the FICOC Board of Directors.
- 17: PINK RUNS OVERTAKE THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 21.05.2014
- Stanley saw PINK on Sunday when 171 members of the public wore all shades of the colour and ran in support of breast cancer awareness.
- 18: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 19: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 20: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 21: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 22: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 23: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?