|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Falkland Islands|
FALKLAND ISLANDS: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (35) - Archived (3424) - All (3459)
- 1: FALKLANDS’ POSTAL SERVICES GO PRIVATE - Falklands (Business News) - 18.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government has outsourced postal services to the private sector.
- 2: PRECAUTIONARY WATER TESTING AT THE INFANT/JUNIOR SCHOOL AND CAMP EDUCATION - Falklands (Health) - 18.07.2014
- Following on from the discovery of a potential bacterial contamination in the water header tank system at FICS, the Public Works Department and the Education Department have chosen to carry out a water survey at the Infant Junior School & Camp Education building.
- 3: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 16th July 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 17.07.2014
- Matters arising included a discussion on the use of Stanley Airport for helicopter support a) during the forthcoming oil exploration phase and; b) during any subsequent production phase.
- 4: ADVERSE WEATHER CAUSES POWER ISSUES AND TREE DAMAGE - Falklands (Business News) - 17.07.2014
- Due to the adverse weather conditions a number of overhead lines were brought down in the Stanley area.
- 5: REDUCING THE IMPACT OF CLA IN SHEEP: STEVE POINTING SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT - Falklands (Agriculture) - 12.07.2014
- One of the best presentations about animal diseases during Farmers’ Week Stanley was given on Thursday morning by Steve Pointing.
- 6: Falklands: E.COLI UPDATE - Falklands (Health) - 12.07.2014
- E.coli has been discovered in the water supply at Stanley Leisure Centre (SLC) and suspected to be present in the water supply to Falkland Islands Community School (FICS).
- 7: Falklands: FARMERS’ WEEK 2014 DAY TWO - Falklands (Agriculture) - 12.07.2014
- Day two began with Fire training at the FIGAS Terminal where a thorough training session demonstrated how to put out fires using various method depending on what kind of fire it is, IE electrical or other fuel fired.
- 8: Falklands: EXPO AND BREAKFAST START UP FARMERS’ WEEK - Falklands (Agriculture) - 12.07.2014
- Breakfast and an Expo kicked off a very informative day – the first of Farmers’ Week.
- 9: STANLEY LEISURE CENTRE WATER SUPPLY CONTAMINATED - Falklands (Health) - 12.07.2014
- Routine samples of the water supplies to facilities at Stanley Leisure Centre have revealed the presence of E.coli in the water.
- 10: Falklands: ALL SET FOR 2014 FARMERS’ WEEK - Falklands (Agriculture) - 12.07.2014
- Farmers’ Week begins at 0900hrs on Monday, 07 July 2014 with breakfast provided by the Falkland Islands Meat Company and the Rural Business Association.
- 11: Falklands Welcome All New FM Radio Infrastructure - Falklands (Business News) - 12.07.2014
- FIG is pleased to announce the installation of the new FM Radio main infrastructure is complete and the project is now moving to the commissioning and testing phase.
- 12: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 25 June 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 28.06.2014
- Under matters arising from the previous meeting held on 3 June 2014 Members noted that another paper was to come to the next meeting of ExCo in July to address the need for additional classrooms at the I/J School.
- 13: NEW £2 COIN ISSUED TO COMMEMORATE THE BATTLE OF THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 27.06.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government have minted a new circulatory £2 coin, to mark the Centenary of the Battle of the Falkland Islands in 1914.
- 14: Motion for Adjournment Speech By Dr the Hon Barry Elsby - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 26.06.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will be brief
- 15: NEW APPOINTMENT FOR FIDC - Falklands (Legal) - 26.06.2014
- Executive Council yesterday approved the appointment of Martin Slater as the General Manager of the Falkland Islands Development Corporation (FIDC) and of Rob Granger as the Financial Controller for the Corporation.
- 16: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY, THURSDAY, 26 JUNE 2014 Papers and Motions - Falklands (Legal) - 26.06.2014
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0900hrs on Thursday, 26 June 2014 in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall. Present were MLAs Cheek, Elsby, Hansen, Poole, Rendell and Short.
- 17: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY, THURSDAY, 26 JUNE 2014 Portfolio Reports - Falklands (Legal) - 26.06.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, as people are probably aware we have
decided to do only two MLAs doing portfolio updates each month so clearly we are doing
one every four months individually.
- 18: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 26 JUNE 2014 Motion for Adjournment Speeches - Falklands (Legal) - 26.06.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will be brief. I would like to associate myself with the comments made by the Honourable Michael Poole in regards to Armed Forces Day.
- 19: The Hon Mr Mike Summers' Address to the C-24 Committee - Falklands (Heritage) - 26.06.2014
- Mr Chairman, Ambassadors and Members of the UN Decolonisation Committee.
- 20: Address to the United Nations Special Committee on Decolonisation June 26th 2014 - Falklands (Education) - 25.06.2014
- Thank you once again for the opportunity to address this committee to explain why the Falkland Islands are happy with their current status and have no wish to change it.
- 21: STANLEY DRAINAGE SYSTEM CONTAMINATED WITH FUEL - Falklands (Health) - 23.06.2014
- A fuel contamination of the drainage system has affected Malvina House Hotel and also initiated a number of calls from concerned residence in the local area.
- 22: Stanley Leisure Centre Admission Policy - Falklands (Health) - 22.06.2014
- Stanley Leisure Centre Admission Policy aims to safeguard swimmers that are most at risk when using the swimming pool facilities (not just the pool itself).
- 23: SUNNY BUT BRACING WEATHER WELCOMES THE MID WINTER SWIM 2014 - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.06.2014
- Organisers of the Mid-winter Swim 2014 report a fantastic turn-out of 226 swimmers as well as approximately 200 more supporters. The venue was augmented by a fly-past of three Typhoon Aircraft from MPC.
- 24: BRIGHT SUNNY DAY FOR 32ND ANNIVERSARY OF OUR LIBERATION - Falklands (Heritage) - 14.06.2014
- The 32nd anniversary of Liberation from Argentine occupation was marked with a dignified series of ceremonies on Saturday, 14 June 2014.
- 25: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 04 JUNE 2014 Part 2: Regular Business - Falklands (Legal) - 14.06.2014
- The first budget session of Legislative Assembly for 2014 took place in the court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 0900hrs on Wednesday, 04 June 2014.
- 26: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 06 JUNE 2014 The Appropriation Bill 2014, the remaining stages: - Falklands (Legal) - 14.06.2014
- The Financial Secretary reported on the proceedings of the Select Committee on the Estimates. Clients have this report so we begin with MLA’s remarks.
- 27: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 06 JUNE 2014 LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 06 JUNE 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 14.06.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, as previous speakers have said, a certain amount of compromise was required to achieve a workable result in the budget.
- 28: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 06 JUNE 2014 MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECHES - Falklands (Legal) - 13.06.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to speak to and indeed supporting the Motion for Adjournment, I would like to fully associate myself with the best wishes and thanks expressed to our two Clerks of Councils.
- 29: PINK RUNS OVERTAKE THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 21.05.2014
- Stanley saw PINK on Sunday when 171 members of the public wore all shades of the colour and ran in support of breast cancer awareness.
- 30: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 31: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 32: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 33: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 34: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 35: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?