|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Falkland Islands|
FALKLAND ISLANDS: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (22) - Archived (3329) - All (3351)
- 1: BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL AWARDED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Heritage) - 24.02.2014
- A special investiture took place at government House on Valentines’ Day. Mrs Anita Browning, Head Chef at Government House, was presented with her British Empire Medal by H. E. the Governor Mr Nigel Haywood.
- 2: Three Taiwanese Fishermen Missing in Falklands’ Waters - Falklands (Business News) - 24.02.2014
- The Royal Falkland Islands’ Police have reported that three fishermen are missing from a Taiwanese jigger.
- 3: Falklands: Executive Council Report 12 February 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 24.02.2014
- Although there were just four papers for this meeting there was some substantial business to consider.
- 4: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON DR BARRY ELSBY MLA - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 17.02.2014
- Mr Speaker I had visions of that pot of pennies and two-pence’ on your mantle-piece.
- 5: URUGUAYAN PARLIAMENTARIANS ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT TRADE LINKS WITH THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 17.02.2014
- Deputy Trobo National Party Deputy and three other Parliamentarians, Fitzgerald Cantero Colorado Party Deputy, Daniel Mañana National Party Deputy and Daniel Radio Independent Party Deputy held a press conference at the Malvina House Hotel in Stanley on Thursday, 13 February 2014.
- 6: FCO MINISTER IN FALKLANDS FAMILIARISATION VISIT - Falklands (Business News) - 17.02.2014
- The Rt Hon Mr Hugo Swire MP, Minister of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, has been visiting the Falklands this week. His responsibilities extend to the Falklands and he has said it was a huge privilege and honour to come for a visit.
- 7: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON MR GAVIN SHORT MLA 30/01 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 15.02.2014
- Honourable Members, I understand that it is your wish that Motion for Adjournment speeches are limited to three minutes in this section. Is that the case -to the nearest half an hour perhaps?
- 8: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON MRS PHYL RENDELL MLA 30/01 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 15.02.2014
- In rising to support the Motion, I just want to touch on what has now become quite a topical subject. We just only possibly starting the budget process for the 2014/15 budget.
- 9: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON MR IAN HANSEN MLA 30/01 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 15.02.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the Motion for Adjournment I still am in a slight state of shock about the length of the Honourable Gavin Short’s speech. I think the format we have just seen on portfolio holders reporting to this House is a good format.
- 10: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON MR MICHAEL POOLE MLA 30/01 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 15.02.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker. Firstly I would like to echo the Honourable Ian Hansen’s sentiments regarding the IT Department. Our thanks to the Team there who have moved on to different fields.
- 11: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON MRS JAN CHEEK, MLA 30/01 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 15.02.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I, too, think that the Honourable Gavin Short was a little disturbed by the assumption that we could change standing rules and orders of this assembly without a formal decision of the House
- 12: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH OF THE HON MR ROGER EDWARDS MLA 30/01 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 15.02.2014
- Obviously getting to speak last in front of television cameras is very important.
- 13: Poor Weather Delays Byron Heights Fuel Spill Assessment - Falklands (Environment) - 08.02.2014
- A diesel fuel spillage occurred in the vicinity of Byron Heights on Tuesday 4th February 2014.
- 14: Rockhopper Exploration plc Publishes Sea Lion Update - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 08.02.2014
- Rockhopper Exploration PLC has advised shareholders that Premier Oil on Thursday provided an update on the Sea Lion Development at a Capital Markets Day.
- 15: Simon Lockett to step down from Premier Oil - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 08.02.2014
- Premier Oil plc has announced that Simon Lockett, Chief Executive Officer, has notified the Board of his intention to step down. The announcement went on to say that Mr Lockett has agreed to remain Chief Executive Officer until a successor has been identified and appointed by the Board, to ensure a seamless transition. Simon has also agreed to assist the Board in their deliberations with respect to this appointment.
- 16: Board Change at Rockhopper - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 08.02.2014
- Rockhopper Exploration plc has announced that Dr John Summers has been appointed to the Board as a Non-Executive Director.
- 17: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 18: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 19: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 20: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 21: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 22: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?