|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Ascension Island|
ASCENSION ISLAND: Archived ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all archived articles on one page.
View: Current (1) - Archived (116) - All (117)
- 1: NEXT ST HELENA GOVERNOR NAMED - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 17.07.2011
- The next Governor of Saint Helena, Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha is to be Mark Andrew Capes, a member of Her Majesty’s Diplomatic Service. He will be accompanied by his wife, Tamara.
- 2: St Helena - EXCO REPORT 67 – 12th April 2011 - Ascension (Legal) - 16.04.2011
- It is an undeniable economic fact, that has been proved by numerous studies over many years, that by far the best option for the development and maintenance of a self sustaining economy on this island
- 3: Ascension Island Election Information - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 19.02.2011
- His Excellency the Acting Governor has given notice that a General Election shall be held on Friday 25th February 2011.
- 4: “Partnership for Progress and Prosperity” Britain and Ascension Island - Cyril Leo - Ascension (Business News) - 12.08.2010
- Ascension, on the whole, has been good for both my family and me, and therefore being a member of the Administrator’s Forum and later the Island Council was primarily my way of putting something back into the island.
- 5: MEETING OF THE ASCENSION ISLAND COUNCIL, 30 JULY 2010 - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 12.08.2010
- The Ascension Island Council held a formal meeting on Friday 30 July at 2pm in the Council Chamber.
- 6: A Report on Ascension Island's Budget - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 21.04.2010
- The budget for the financial year 2010/11has now been approved by the Governor rand we received notification on 31 March that the Appropriation Ordinance 2010 has been published in the St Helena Government Gazette giving this effect.
- 7: Statement from the Administrator Ascension Island 16th November 2009 - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 01.12.2009
- I would like to say a few words to put into perspective what is going on regarding job losses in government on Ascension Island.
- 8: Ascension Island Council Meeting 08/09/09 - Ascension (Legal) - 28.09.2009
- The Island Council met on Tuesday September 8th at 0930 in the Council Chamber. The Governor, who was back on Ascension on his way back to St Helena, was present.
- 9: Update on Airport Consultation from Ascension - Ascension (Business News) - 09.08.2009
- On Monday 27th July, the St Helena Herald contacted Sharon Wainwright on Ascension to find out the latest on the airport consultation and the cancellation of their visit to the Falklands. Below are Sharon's comments:
- 10: Administrator's Report on Ascension Island Council Meeting - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 29.07.2009
- The Ascension Island Council held a formal meeting on Tuesday 14 July 2009. His Excellency the Governor, visiting Ascension for two days en route to the UK, was present. All members were present with the exception of Councillor Poultney who is off island. Councillor Peters joined the meeting by video link.
- 11: Former Ascension Councillor Disappears - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 05.01.2009
- Former Ascension Island Councillor, Mrs Iva Henry, wife of former Councillor Lawson Henry of Georgetown, has disappeared from her home early hours of Friday 19th December.
- 12: Ascension Island Council Meeting (27/10/08) - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 01.11.2008
- The first meeting with the recently elected Island Council was held on Monday 27 October immediately after the Councillors were sworn in by His Excellency the Governor, Andrew Gurr, who was on Ascension to meet the new Councillors and to chair the first meeting of the new Council. The Governor welcomed the new Councillors and before getting down to the lengthy agenda awaiting them, said a few words about the role of a Council.
- 13: Message For Ascension Island Councillors - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 30.10.2008
- I would like to offer my congratulations to you all on your election as Ascension Island Councillors.
- 14: ASCENSION ISLAND ELECTION RESULTS - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 21.10.2008
- The results of Tuesday’s election on Ascension shows that 188 people voted out of a total of 690 registered to vote i.e., a 26% turnout. The votes for the eight candidates were as follows:
- 15: Day of Remembrance - Ascension (Heritage) - 03.04.2008
- This past weekend, many people were honoured to be a part of the Day of Remembrance ceremonies.
- 16: H.E. THE GOVERNOR MR ANDREW GURR’S ASCENSION ISLAND REPORT - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 27.01.2008
- This report has been prepared for the people of Saint Helena and those Saints living and working on Ascension Island.
- 17: Ascension : Conservation Weekly - Pinniped Visitor! - Ascension (Environment) - 21.01.2008
- Shortly after Christmas, Ascension’s shores were home to an unusual pinniped visitor.
Photo (c) Ascension Conservation - Though this photo doesn't properly show it, this seal has been injured by an as yet unspecified source.
- 18: Governor Gurr to Make First Official Visit to Ascension - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 10.01.2008
- Governor Gurr will make his first official visit to Ascension Island this month. The Governor will be accompanied by Mrs Gurr, and is due to depart St Helena on 10 January 2008.
- 19: GOVERNOR CLANCY SPEAKS ABOUT ASCENSION AND DEMOCRACY - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 20.10.2007
- Governor Clancy has been working on Ascension for the last two weeks. After leaving for St Helena on 17 October he will complete his term as Governor at the end of the month. He has very much enjoyed his time as Governor and the time which he has spent on Ascension.
- 20: Acting Administrators for Ascension Island - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 19.09.2007
- The Ascension Island Administrator, Michael Hill, is currently away from Ascension Island on overseas leave.
- 21: Ascio Technologies Inc. leads the way in protecting Trademarks on the Internet. - Ascension (Business News) - 06.07.2007
- 6th July 2007, London - Ascio Technologies Inc. was announced today as Winner of the .TM Domain Registrar Awards.
- 22: UK CHAGOS SUPPORT ASSOCIATION. - Ascension (Heritage) - 28.06.2007
- May’s Update went out hard on the heels of the excellent court ruling: congratulations once again to Richard Gifford, Sir Sydney Kentridge and all the legal team. Olivier Bancoult returned to a hero’s welcome in Port Louis.
- 23: New Advisory Group for Ascension Island - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 28.05.2007
- The Acting Governor, in consultation with the substantive Governor, Michael Clancy, is pleased to announce the formation of the Ascension Island Advisory Group which will provide the Governor and the Ascension Island Government with advice.
- 24: Island Council Ordinance Suspended - Ascension (Legal) - 26.04.2007
- Governor Clancy has decided that suspending the Island Council Ordinance is the way forward in governing Ascension Island during the next 12 months.
- 25: Election Deadline Reaps Only Two Candidates - Ascension (Legal) - 19.04.2007
- Only two people put themselves forward for elections to Ascension Island's Council.
- 26: Council Elections for Ascension a Possible Option - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 29.03.2007
- There are two options being considered for Ascension's Government.
- 27: Ascension's Former Councillor's Joint Statement - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 28.03.2007
- Ascension Island's former Councillors have set the record straight about why they resigned.
- 28: Cllr Henry Explains His Actions to the Electorate - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 28.03.2007
- One of Ascension's former Councillors has explained his actions in full to the electorate.
- 29: Cllr Bennet Explains His Decision to Quit Council - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 28.03.2007
- Cllr Bennet explains why he found his position on Ascension Council unworkable.
- 30: Press Release - St Helena - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 15.03.2007
- Appointment of Acting Chief Secretary - Dr Corinda Essex, Chief Development Officer, is to serve as Acting Chief Secretary from 16 March to 10 April 2007. During this period of time, Ethel Yon, Acting Chief Secretary will serve as Acting Governor.
- 31: VOICE OF ASCENSION - Ascension (Business News) - 18.01.2007
- A considerable time has passed since the title above has been mentioned or seen in print. Just to refresh memories or inform new residents on the background of it. The Voice of Ascension was the name given to a Radio Broadcast on Ascension.
- 32: Raxa - Thankyou - Ascension (Heritage) - 18.01.2007
- Thankyou for all your time and dedication given to working at the “Islander” over the many years,
- 33: New Crown Counsel for Ascension Island - Ascension (Legal) - 04.01.2007
- Ms Lorna Drummond has been appointed to the office of Crown Counsel for Ascension Island.
- 34: Ascension Island is talk of the week at German Star Rider’s yard in Bavaria - Ascension (Heritage) - 10.12.2006
- This week, at the yard of German star rider Uwe Schwanz in Holzkirchen in the heart of Bavaria, Ascension Island was the main topic of conversation at the coffee table?
- 35: Seabirds Succeed on Ascension Island - Ascension (Environment) - 04.12.2006
- Ascension Island, a small, remote, volcanic island in the South Atlantic, is rich in unique flora and fauna. When it was first inhabited in 1815, it was thought to host 20 million individual seabirds, including the Ascension frigatebird, a globally threatened species found nowhere else in the world.
Photo(c) A. Pelembe
- 36: Conservation - Feedback on International Conference Participation - Ascension (Environment) - 02.11.2006
- I have recently attended 3 international Conferences and gave feedback to the Conservation Department Staff and the Island Council last week.
- 37: Air Movements Flight Heritage Project - Ascension (Heritage) - 02.11.2006
- On 25 Oct 06, 5 members of the Air Movements Det, ably assisted by Cpl Jenny “Green Fingers” Rose from the Commcen attacked a heritage project on Ascension Island head on, under the guidance of Super Security Serco Steve Roulston (AKA Captain Cactus).
- 38: Dampier’s Drip Restoration - Ascension (Heritage) - 02.11.2006
- Anyone visiting Dampier’s Drip recently will have noticed the changes that are taking place.
- 39: Passengers Injured in Turbulence - Ascension (Tourism/Travel) - 08.09.2006
- A flight from Brize Norton to Ascension Island has been affected by severe turbulence and passengers have been injured.
- 40: Congratulations to Catherine and Paul Knowles - Ascension (Heritage) - 03.08.2006
- Catherine and Paul Knowles celebrated their marriage on Saturday 29th July.
- 41: UK Chagos Support Association Update for July - Ascension (Heritage) - 24.07.2006
- Ascension Islanders do not want to clear the Island like those from the Chagos Islands did.
- 42: Performance from Cable & Wireless International as C&W plc announces its results for Year ended 31st March 2006 Strong - Ascension (Business News) - 17.06.2006
- May 2006, London. Today Cable & Wireless plc announces its results for the year ended 31st March 2006 revealing a strong performance from Cable & Wireless International.
- 43: MISS ASCENSION 2006 - Ascension (Heritage) - 01.06.2006
- Miss Ascension 2006 was held at the Saints Club on Saturday 20th May. Fourteen contestants paraded the catwalk to a seated audience of 350 with many standing outside.
- 44: Planet Earth Focuses on Ascension - Ascension (Heritage) - 18.05.2006
- For the past few weeks a BBC film crew has been on Ascension, filming for the prestige wildlife documentary series Planet Earth.
- 45: Widewake Airfield Improvements - Ascension (Shipping/Freight) - 04.05.2006
- Ascension's Wideawake Airfield has undergone some improvements lately
- 46: Sea Survival Training - Ascension (Education) - 04.05.2006
- On Wednesday & Thursday of last week Paul Davies of Sea Survival International held a Sea Survival Training course with Marine & Fire Rescue Staff at the Georgetown Swimming Pool.
- 47: Ascension Island Sends Rep to Convention on Island Biodiversity - Ascension (Environment) - 23.04.2006
- Stedson Stroud of Ascension Conservation writes about his trip to Brazil to discuss Island biodiversity.
- 48: Elected Councillors Speak to Lord Triesman - Ascension (Legal) - 21.02.2006
- I can think of another place where it is said, "There is No Indigenous Population."
- 49: PUBLIC CONSULTATION - Ascension Island Council - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 09.02.2006
- Leading up to the election of the second Island Council there were calls for councillors to have more consultation and dialogue with the public and increase the flow of information on Council business
- 50: No Right of Abode for the People of Ascension Island - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 30.01.2006
- The BBC's Dee Palmer chats with Cllr. Lawson Henry.
- 51: Law Lords Deliver Landmark Decision - Ascension (Legal) - 30.01.2006
- Now Britons working abroad have a right to have unfair dismissal cases brought before a UK tribuna.
- 52: Ascension's Councillors Put Their Case to Lord Triesman - Ascension (Legal) - 24.01.2006
- Ascension's Councillors are determined to preserve their right to self determination.
- 53: Ascension Island: No Place Like Home - Ascension (Legal) - 21.01.2006
- The Guardian's Isabel Hinton tells a few home truths about Ascension Islands right to self determination.
- 54: QueenAtlantis: New AIG Launch Name - Ascension (Shipping/Freight) - 14.01.2006
- Lawson Henry tells us some good news for Ascension Island.
- 55: Mozambican Artists Exhibits Paintings and Photography in Cornwall - Ascension (Heritage) - 04.01.2006
- Tara Pelembe, the Ascension Island Conservation Officer, is in England studying for her Masters Degree on an OTEP Scholarship. Her husband is exhibiting the photos and paintings.
- 56: Ascension Island: Lack of Transperancy and Self Determination - Ascension (Heritage) - 29.12.2005
- Ascension't lack of Self Determination will make it more difficult for the Falklands to argue for it during the C-24 Meetings at the UN.
- 57: Press Release from the Island Council - Ascension (Legal) - 17.12.2005
- Following recent events where Ascension Islanders have been told that Island Status is not feasible, Ascension's Councillors have issued the following statement:
- 58: No Right of Abode for Ascension Island? - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 08.12.2005
- Scanty reports need to be clarified on this important issue.
- 59: Familiar Names Amongst Ascension's New Councillors - Ascension (Legal) - 23.11.2005
- Geoff Jones and Lawson Henry are the most notable.
- 60: Ascension Island Votes for Councillors Today - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 17.11.2005
- The Falkland Islands are not the only Overseas Territory in the South Atlantic that goes to the polls this week.
- 61: Goodbye Mr Higgins - Ascension (Education) - 17.11.2005
- All the staff and children at Two Boats School would like to thank Head teacher Mr. Higgins for all his hard work over the last four years.
- 62: ASCENSION ISLAND STAGING POST FOR FALKLANDS LIBERATION - Ascension (Heritage) - 03.11.2005
- On about 2nd April I was asked if I would like to stop briefly at either St Helena or Ascension Island.
- 63: Right of Abode, why it did not occur during the first Council - Ascension (Legal) - 03.11.2005
- I think it is fair to state that three years ago most of Ascension’s Voters expected that right of abode would be made available at some point during the life time of Ascension’s
- 64: Two Boats School Athletics Carnival 23rd October 2005 - Ascension (Education) - 27.10.2005
- Staff, students, parents and friends of Two Boats School braved the grey, misty rain on Sunday morning to attend the annual sports day.
- 65: The Ascension Island 2005 Open starts ! - Ascension (Heritage) - 27.10.2005
- 66: BON VOYAGE TO GEOFFREY SHALLCROSS - Ascension (Tourism/Travel) - 13.10.2005
- On Tuesday this week a reception was held in the council chamber to wish farewell to Geoffrey Shallcross, who is retiring from his post of Chief Purser on the RMS St Helena.
- 67: Governor Opens First Bungalow On Links West - Ascension (Business News) - 22.09.2005
- Last Friday 19th August, HE Governor Clancy officially opened the first completed bungalow of the four bungalows that represents the first phase of the Links West Housing Development.
- 68: BROWNIE CEREMONY - Ascension (Heritage) - 28.07.2005
- Last Wednesday evening was a special night for the 1st Ascension Brownie Guide Pack.
- 69: Wot? More School? Nah! - Ascension (Education) - 28.07.2005
- This year I decided to take advantage of the GCSE evening courses delivered by the staff of Two Boats School.
- 70: ASCENSION’S ACHIEVERS REWARDED AT TWO BOATS SCHOOL PRIZE GIVING - Ascension (Education) - 07.07.2005
- The annual Two Boats School Leavers Assembly took place at 1120 am on Friday, 01 July 2005
- 71: New manager for Georgetown Shop - Ascension (Business News) - 30.06.2005
- Last week, the Herald received information which suggested that the Solomon’s shop on Ascension was not doing well at all.
- 72: SERGEANT CLARENCE ROBERTS RECEIVES THE CLASP AWARD FOR COMPLETING 25 YEARS SERVICE - Ascension (Heritage) - 16.06.2005
- His Excellency the Governor has approved the Clasp award to Sergeant Clarence Roberts in recognition of having completed 25 years of qualifying Service.
- 73: NEW CONSTABLE FOR ASCENSION DETACHMENT - Ascension (Business News) - 16.06.2005
- For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Stephen Ellick. I have worked on Ascension previously about 20 years ago for Pan Am fire security.
- 74: ASCENSION DAY FAIR 2005 - Ascension (Heritage) - 26.05.2005
- On behalf of the ADF committee and myself, I would like to thank everyone for supporting ADF.
- 75: A.D.F. Charity Fishing Competition. - Ascension (Heritage) - 12.05.2005
- On Sunday 8th of May, a Fishing competition was held in aid of St. Mary’s church and the Ascension Day Fair.
- 76: Ascension OTEP bids successful - Ascension (Environment) - 21.04.2005
- Ascension Island has succeeded in securing funding from this round of bids to the Overseas territories Environment Programme.
- 77: Governor Clancy’s visit to Ascension - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 14.04.2005
- On the last call of the RMS, HE Governor Clancy arrived on Ascension.
- 78: First Hydrothermal Vents in the South Atlantic Ocean - Ascension (Geological Events) - 31.03.2005
- UK and US Scientists Visit Ascension as Part of Their Search for the First Hydrothermal Vents in the South Atlantic Ocean
- 79: Presentations to the Library and Resource Centre - Ascension (Heritage) - 10.03.2005
- Two presentations were made to the Ascension Island Library and Resource Centre on Monday night.
- 80: POST OFFICE REOPENS - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 20.01.2005
- The AIG Post Office reopened its doors last Wednesday, 5th January.
- 81: Ascension New Year Pierhead Jump - Ascension (Heritage) - 19.01.2005
- The Ascension New Year was once again inaugurated by a Pier Head Jump into the ocean. A tradition started by Priya and Anjali Sukhtankar in1998 to welcome the new year.
- 82: Launch of a Child Protection Strategy - Ascension (Education) - 23.12.2004
- Ascension Island Government hosted a conference workshop over the weekend to launch a strategy for Child Protection in the South Atlantic Overseas Territories.
- 83: MARSH AWARD - Ascension (Environment) - 23.12.2004
- On Tuesday, 14th December in the Map Room at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Tara George received the Marsh Award for International Bird Conservation.
- 84: INFRASOUND ON ASCENSION - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 09.12.2004
- The Works Department of the Ascension Island Government are pleased to announce the successful completion of the construction of, 8 Array Sites, 1 CPF (Central Process Facility) and 1 Relay Station.
- 85: Seabird and Turtle monitoring and Public Awareness on St. Helena - Ascension (Environment) - 25.11.2004
- Last month, the AIG Conservation Officer, Tara George travelled to St. Helena to help set up Seabird and turtle monitoring there.
- 86: New Governor of St Helena Visits Ascension - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 18.11.2004
- His Excellency Michael Clancy arrived with his wife, Mrs Clancy, on Wednesday 10th November and was greeted at the Pier Head by Councillors
- 87: NASA comes to Two Boats! - Ascension (Environment) - 18.11.2004
- On Monday 15th November, Robert Ashley, a Space Shuttle Rescue Instructor, and Major Kevin Barker
- 88: Fishing Competition & Fish Fry - Ascension (Heritage) - 18.11.2004
- Many thanks to everyone who helped out or came along to the two recent Scout Fundraising events for Discovery 2005 :-
- 89: GUIDES CAMP AT GARDEN COTTAGE – By Cheryl, Guider - Ascension (Snippets) - 21.10.2004
- Arriving at Garden Cottage 5:30 the Friday evening of 8th October, the fog was low and misty rain started to threaten us
- 90: ACTIVITY REPORT BY CONSTABLE JILL ROBERTS - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 16.09.2004
- Those persons who attended the Scouts Fun day would have seen our colleague from St Helena Constable Timmy Reynolds
- 91: NEW POLICE STATION, PRISON AND COURTROOM - Ascension (Agriculture) - 09.09.2004
- This week saw the formal handover of the keys for the new Prison Accommodation to Inspector Reg Williams of the St Helena Police Service.
- 92: IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE. - THE TUNNEL – GREEN MOUNTAIN. - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 09.09.2004
- Please note that due to recent inclement weather a land slip has occurred to the Eastern end of the Green Mountain tunnel.
- 93: Ascension Smile Week 2004 - Ascension (Health) - 19.08.2004
- Winning Smile
- 94: “Thunder on the Mountain” Story and Photographs by Brian P. Davis - Ascension (Heritage) - 24.06.2004
- Sunday afternoons on Ascension Island are usually quiet and peaceful. The silence is seldom broken except for the ringing of church bells or the sounds of waves crashing onto the rocky coastline. For many of the island residents it’s a day of rest. Families and friends usually gather together for an afternoon at the beach, or perhaps today a backyard barbeque is in the making. But this Sunday (June 5, 2004) afternoon would prove to be different from all the rest…
- 95: Ascension Day Fair on 22 May - Ascension (Heritage) - 06.05.2004
- The Ascension Day Fair will be held on May 22 this year
- 96: Islanders Bid Adieu to Tony and Olive Green - Ascension (Business News) - 27.04.2004
- A farewell reception was held at the Saints Club in Georgetown Ascension Island for Tony, Olive and Sinead Green at 8:00 pm on Friday, 16 April 2004.
Photo (c) Jonathan Green Tony, Olive and one of their children.
- 97: Ascension Islanders Take Action Against Poachers - Ascension (Fisheries) - 05.02.2004
- People living on Ascension Island have taken decisive action against the three poaching vessels that have been illegally fishing in the Island’s waters.
Photo (c) Ascension Conservation
- 98: Major Poaching Incident at Ascension Island - Ascension (Fisheries) - 02.02.2004
- Three vessels have been sighted off the coast of Ascension Island that were engaged in illegal long-lining for tuna. Two of the radio call-signs have been identified and therefore the country responsible for the theft.
- 99: OST Minister Explains About Fisheries Protection - Ascension (Fisheries) - 14.12.2003
- Bill Rammell, the Head of the British Overseas Territories Department, has been talking about fisheries protection in the South Atlantic
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA)
- 100: WORLD AIDS DAY – 1ST DECEMBER 2003 - Ascension (Health) - 04.12.2003
- Over 45 million people around the world will be living with the HIV virus by the end of 2003 and over 8,200 people die from AIDS every day.
- 101: Sorry we were off line - Ascension (Business News) - 09.10.2003
- We apologise for our recent break in service. The following has been received from our service provider:
- 102: Meet the Neighbours - Ascension (Snippets) - 04.10.2003
- It has been said that in large cities people often don't meet the families living right next door to them.
Photo(c) J. Brock (SARTMA)
- 103: New site for The Islander - Ascension (Business News) - 01.10.2003
- Welcome to the new-look The Islander (online) site. Please be patient as we try hard to iron-out the remaining bugs with the system.
- 104: So. Atlantic Ridge Shaken By Two Recent Quakes - Ascension (Geological Events) - 30.09.2003
- Last week there were two earthquakes along the South Atlantic Ridge.
- 105: Mazie and Family Say Hello - Ascension (Snippets) - 21.09.2003
- Mazie, Bjorn, Cobin, Husband, David Crowie and "Eddie" say helo to froends and family on the Falklands and in St. Helena.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 106: New Grocery Store for Ascension - Ascension (Business News) - 21.09.2003
- Now there is another place to buy Groceries inb Georgetown.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA) Open for business - Cedrick and Sylvia Henry have opened a grocery store near Long Beach on Ascension.
- 107: Battle of Britain Remembered at Solemn Service - Ascension (Heritage) - 21.09.2003
- This year marks the 63rd anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA) Military personnel on Ascension Island remember the Battle of Britain.
- 108: You Fell In Love With it Once: Just look at us now! - Ascension (Tourism/Travel) - 17.08.2003
- Ascension is a place of great contrasts, all in a very small area.
Photo (c) Johnny Hobson Comfortless Cove is just the opposite and these Ascension Island Scouts intend to take part in the pleasures of sand and warm water.
- 109: Unauthorised Landing Puts Two in Jail - Ascension (Tourism/Travel) - 05.06.2003
- If you think you can just pop in to Ascension Island without prior permission, then think again. Two men say they thought they had obtained permission to land on the Island but were sadly mistaken.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA) Bob Tufts, Left, and Phil Ingogha, Right,prior to resuming their unfortunate journey.
- 110: Ascension Island Needs a Carpenter - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 11.05.2003
- If you have carpentry skills and want to live the unique Island lifestyle, then this job might be for you.
- 111: Bad Weather Puts South Georgia Fishery in Peril - Ascension (Agriculture) - 01.05.2003
- Bad weather in South Georgia has put three long-liners aground
- 112: If You Want an EEZ, - Ascension (Fisheries) - 25.12.2002
- Don't push the surrey with the fringe on top - get a horse to pull it.
- 113: Decisions Taken at Ascension Council's First Working Session - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 19.12.2002
- The first working session of Ascension's newly elected Council took place at the Obsidian Hotel on Thursday, 05 December 2002. Here is a taste of what went on
- 114: Ascension Island Holds First Council Meeting - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 18.11.2002
- The first ever meeting of Council on Ascension Island was held on Thursday, 07 November 2002. Next meeting will be the first for business.
- 115: Ascension Island Elects First Representative Council - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 04.11.2002
- Ascension Island has its first ever elected Council.
- 116: Why I am standing for council (Johnny Hobson) - Ascension (Gen - Government) - 30.10.2002
- I have thought long and hard before deciding to accept nomination to stand for the new Ascension Island Council.