|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current and Archived ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current and archived articles on one page.
View: Current (4) - Archived (187) - All (191)
- 1: Falklands squad for NatWest Island Games announced - S.Atlantic (Education) - 19.05.2013
- The full squad of competitors that will be representing the Falkland Islands at the upcoming NatWest Island Games has been announced. By Stacy Bragger (FIOGA)
- 2: Prince Harry Accepts Antarctica challenge - Falklands (Education) - 18.05.2013
- HRH Prince Harry has announced that he will take part in a race to the South Pole with a team of wounded British servicemen and women.
- 3: Chevening Scholars from the Overseas Territories Hosted by the FCO - S.Atlantic (Education) - 28.04.2013
- Chevening Scholars from the Overseas Territories have been hosted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- 4: Falklands MLA Describes South American Visit - Falklands (Education) - 14.04.2013
- As reported in the South American and Spanish press, Falklands MLA Gavin Short has visited several countries in South American countries this past week.
- 5: (BIMR) Annual Conference Ends with Self-Determination the Central Theme - Falklands (Education) - 22.02.2013
- Described as both fascinating and thought provoking, the 43rd British Islands and Mediterranean Region (BIMR) Annual Conference of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA), held in the Falkland Islands has ended.
- 6: St Helena KERISHA STEVENS TO UK FOR WHITEHALL ATTACHMENTS - St Helena (Education) - 16.02.2013
- SHG Public Relations Officer, Kerisha Stevens, this week travels to the UK to undertake a six-week programme of work experience attached to UK Government Press Offices, funded under the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s (FCO’s) Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Fund.
- 7: Falklands: AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES PRESENTED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Education) - 26.01.2013
- Twenty-three people received awards and certificates at Government House on Thursday.
Acting Governor, Ms Sandra Tyler-Haywood, presented the certificates
- 8: EDUCATIONAL PROGRESS FOR THE FALKLAND ISLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 12.01.2013
- Congratulations to Alan Daniels at the Falkland Islands Community School (FICS) who has now been appointed as the Lead Teacher of Mathematics.
- 9: SHAYLA ELLICK AWARDED UNIVERISTY PRIZE FOR HIGHEST MARKS - St Helena (Education) - 09.12.2012
- St Helenian student, Shayla Ellick (of Cow Path), has graduated from the University of Hertfordshire with a 1st Class Honours Degree in Environmental Management and a University Prize for receiving the highest marks for her course.
- 10: St Helena VISIT OF THE RRS ERNEST SHACKLETON - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2012
- The RRS Ernest Shackleton, a Royal Research Ship operated by the British Antarctic Survey, stopped at St Helena yesterday en-route from the UK to Cape Town.
- 11: St Helena GOVERNOR CAPES RECEIVES GOVERNOR’S CUP TROPHY - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2012
- His Excellency Governor Capes yesterday received the Governor’s Cup itself, which he will present to the winning yacht of this year’s Governor’s Cup Yacht Race.
- 12: Jonathan Grun, Vice President of the Society of Editors Welcomes Lord Hunt - Falklands (Education) - 22.11.2012
- Good evening ladies and gentleman. First I would like to thank on your behalf the Lord Mayor of Belfast, Alderman Gavin Robinson and Belfast City Council for the warm welcome they have given us and for allowing us to use this splendid and historic hall.
- 13: SOCIETY OF EDITORS LECTURE BY LORD HUNT OF WIRRAL - Falklands (Education) - 22.11.2012
- Delivering the Society of Editors lecture at the annual conference in Belfast on Sunday 11 November 2012, the Rt Hon Lord Hunt of Wirral MBE, chairman of the Press Complaints Commission, said:
- 14: FRENCH TEACHING RETURNS TO PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL - St Helena (Education) - 22.11.2012
- Since September 2012 students at Prince Andrew School have had the opportunity to study French once again.
- 15: SUCCESSFUL OPEN DAY FOR SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT CONSULTATION - St Helena (Education) - 15.09.2012
- Around 60 members of the public attended an open door display at Essex House on Saturday 8 September, as part of the Solid Waste Management Strategy public consultation for St Helena.
- 16: PERSONAL SAFETY TRAINING FOR ST HELENA POLICE SERVICE - St Helena (Education) - 15.09.2012
- After three weeks of successful training, 35 operational staff from the St Helena Police and Prison Service are now accredited
- 17: SECOND MATHEMATICS ADVISORY TEACHER FOR PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL - St Helena (Education) - 08.09.2012
- The Education and Employment Director Colin Moore is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Alex Gross Wilkinson as Advisory teacher for Mathematics
- 18: St Helena: COUNCILLOR TARA THOMAS BACK ON-ISLAND - St Helena (Education) - 25.08.2012
- Councillor Tara Thomas arrived back on St Helena on 11 August, following her time in the UK - where she attended the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations and the Olympics Opening Ceremony on behalf of St Helena, along with other representatives of the UK OTs. She also visited Shropshire, to meet with colleagues involved in our Education Sector Support Programme.
- 19: Falklands Youth to Represent Islands at 5th Commonwealth Youth Parliament - Falklands (Education) - 18.08.2012
- Stacy Bragger and Krysteen Ormond, two youth from the Falklands have been nominated by the Legislative Assembly to represent the Falkland Islands at the 5th Commonwealth Youth Parliament (CYP) in London between 4th to the 8th December 2012.
- 20: Director’s report for the Education Board meeting 9th August 2012 - Falklands (Education) - 11.08.2012
- The temporary Classroom for Pre-School is still progressing. The main structure is complete yet the outside grounds work still needs to be finished and the electrics installed. PWD advises that it should be ready to move in to (if not completely finished,) by the 7th August 2012.
- 21: St Helena: FIVE STUDENTS DEPARTING FOR UNIVERSITY - St Helena (Education) - 11.08.2012
- Leaving before the end of August and bound for the UK are five former students of Prince Andrew School.
- 22: GOVERNMENT HOUSE HOSTS APPRENTICE CERTIFICATE AND DIPLOMA PRESENTATION - Falklands (Education) - 04.08.2012
- Twenty six people received certificates and/or rewards at a reception held at Government House on Thursday, 26 July 2012.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 23: St Helena: ALFREDA YON GAINS DIPLOMA IN PROJECT AND PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT - St Helena (Education) - 04.08.2012
- Alfreda Yon, Manager (Projects & Corporate Procurement) in the Corporate Procurement Unit, has been awarded a Level 5 Diploma (equivalent to a First Degree) in Project and Programme Management with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Her course was funded by SHG via Distance Learning.
- 24: St Helena: COUNCILLOR TARA THOMAS WINS CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP - St Helena (Education) - 04.08.2012
- St Helena Councillor Tara Thomas has provisionally secured a prestigious Foreign and Commonwealth Office Chevening Scholarship, and will now undertake a year-long MBA at the London School of Business & Finance, under its Global MBA and ACCA programme, commencing January 2013.
- 25: St Helena: KEY STAGE 2 SATs 2011-12 - St Helena (Education) - 28.07.2012
- The first results of this year’s SATs have now been made available. These are the standard assessment tests that children take at the end of Primary Education in English, Mathematics and Science.
- 26: ALFREDA YON GAINS DIPLOMA IN PROJECT AND PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT - St Helena (Education) - 28.07.2012
- Alfreda Yon, Manager (Projects & Corporate Procurement) in the Corporate Procurement Unit, has been awarded a Level 5 Diploma (equivalent to a First Degree) in Project and Programme Management with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Her course was funded by SHG via Distance Learning.
- 27: YOUTH PARLIAMENTARIANS NEEDED FOR THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 21.07.2012
- Two people are being sought by the Falkland Islands Legislative Assembly to represent the Falkland Islands at the 5th Commonwealth Youth Parliament (CYP) in London, United Kingdom, 4-8 December 2012.
- 28: St Helena - NEW MATHS TEACHER FOR PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL - St Helena (Education) - 21.07.2012
- The Education and Employment Directorate is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms Hema Soni as Advisory Teacher for Mathematics at Prince Andrew School.
- 29: GARETH DRABBLE AND KIMBERLEY YON-ROBERTS BOTH AWARDED 1ST CLASS HONOURS DEGREES - St Helena (Education) - 30.06.2012
- Students, Gareth Drabble (of Levelwood) and Kimberley Yon-Roberts (of Cow Path) were both this week awarded 1st Class Honours Degrees in the UK. Both study at the University of Bedfordshire.
- 30: St Helena: BRITISH LIBRARY TO PILOT ST HELENA ARCHIVES DIGITISATION - St Helena (Education) - 30.06.2012
- The British Library has agreed to fund a pilot digitisation project for the internationally-significant St Helena Archives. This project will audit the collection as a whole, digitise the earliest records (beginning with ‘Goodwins Abstracts’, 1673-1707), provide training for local staff and lay the foundations for a potential major project grant.
- 31: The Count and the Cherry Girl - Falklands (Education) - 05.06.2012
- If you think you have seen this before - you haven't. Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 32: FIRST FALKLAND ISLANDER AWARDED CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP - Falklands (Education) - 19.05.2012
- Sam Cockwell, son of Richard and Grizelda Cockwell of Fox Bay Village has been awarded a Chevening Scholarship.
- 33: ST HELENA SUPPORTS INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA AND TRANSPHOBIA - St Helena (Education) - 19.05.2012
- An International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO) is held annually on 17th May and aims to gather international support for the respect of lesbians, bisexual and transgender people worldwide.
- 34: PIERS MORGAN INTERVIEWS SEAN PENN ABOUT THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 25.04.2012
- Piers Morgan (PM): Let’s turn to the Falkland Islands because you inspired a lot of anger in my own country with some pretty strong views about the “Malvinas” as you call them – taking the Argentine side and being very critical of Prince William being deployed there in the British Military. Tell me why you did that and what your reaction was to the uproar it caused back in Britain.
- 35: FALKLANDS SAY SHAME ON YOU SEAN PENN - Falklands (Education) - 25.04.2012
- Expressing his opinion that he had a major bone to pick with Mr Penn about his remarks about the Falkland Islands, Mr Morgan quizzed Sean Penn about them.
- 36: UN C-24 Committee refuses Falklands' invitation - Falklands (Education) - 07.04.2012
- C24 Decline Invitation to hold Regional Seminar in the Falkland Islands
- 37: HUMAN RIGHTS RESOURCES ON ST HELENA - St Helena (Education) - 07.04.2012
- His Excellency Governor Capes last week hosted a reception at Plantation House to recognise the important work of the St Helena Human Rights Capacity Building Committee (HRCBC), chaired by Speaker Cathy Hopkins MBE, and to mark a milestone in the Committee’s endeavours - the launch of a set of Human Rights resources designed to inform the public and stimulate debate.
- 38: St Helena: Farewell and Hello Changes in Education and Employment Directorate - St Helena (Education) - 31.03.2012
- Leaving the Island on 4th April 2012, will be John Sullivan, a well-known face within St Helena’s Education system.
- 39: 192.com helps Falklands Veterans Reunite - Falklands (Education) - 29.03.2012
- The online directory has 700 million UK public records, including over 35 million residential names and addresses from the edited electoral roll.
- 40: Mark Lyall Grant Rebutts Timerman’s Accusations - Falklands (Education) - 21.03.2012
- In accordance with instructions received from the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I have the honour to refer to the letter dated 10 February 2012
- 41: WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY FOCUSES ON FALKLAND ISLANDERS AND ARGENTINES - Falklands (Education) - 17.03.2012
- The popular BBC World Service programme, “World Have Your Say” has come to Stanley and Buenos Aires and thanks to TV Presenter, Ros Atkins Falkland Islanders and Argentines spoke with each other over a TV link.
- 42: Leif’s Appalachian Trek for Charity - Falklands (Education) - 17.03.2012
- Leif Middleton will be attempting the Appalachian trail, an estimated 2,175 mile trek through the wilderness of the eastern United States.
- 43: VARIED VIEWS TOWARDS THE FALKLAND ISLANDS DISPUTE FROM YOUNG ARGENTINES LIVERPOOL - Falklands (Education) - 17.03.2012
- Researchers at the University of Liverpool have found that that the opinions of young people in Argentina towards the Falklands/Malvinas Islands are varied and influenced by a number of factors
- 44: DANNY - Falklands (Education) - 11.02.2012
- Give this man a Pulitzer Prize!
- 45: MARCUS PORTER: Home from Home - Falklands (Education) - 22.01.2012
- FINN remembers when Marcus Porter (MP) was born and enjoying music whilst in his pram; but you should see him now aaaaaand hear his music.
- 46: FIRS THROWS THE SPOTLIGHT ON RICHARD FOGERTY - Falklands (Education) - 20.01.2012
- Stacey Bragger (FIRS) interviewed Richard Fogerty (RF), Assistant Director of Education about a proposed review of the Education ordinance. He asked Mr Fogerty why he felt the ordinance should be updated.
- 47: CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED TO ELIGIBLE FALKLAND ISLANDERS - Falklands (Education) - 20.01.2012
- According to a press release from Government House Islanders interested in postgraduate study in the UK are invited to apply for a Chevening Scholarship Award.
- 48: Here to be heard, represented, and supported! Prince Andrew School Student Council 2011 - St Helena (Education) - 22.10.2011
- “A bright light for the future of St Helena’s democracy” were the words of Acting Governor, Ken Baddon as he spoke of the 2011 Student Council at a specially hosted lunch at Plantation House on Wednesday.
- 49: FALKLANDS EMERGENCY SERVICES “CAN DO” DURING ANNUAL EXERCISE - Falklands (Education) - 08.10.2011
- An annual exercise to hone skills of the emergency services of both the Military and the Civilian population were put to the test on Friday when a difficult scenario unfolded at 0845hrs on the day.
- 50: MEXICAN JOURNALIST VISITS THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 08.10.2011
- Mexican journalist Pascal Beltran del Rio, Managing Editor of Nuevo Excelsior is in the Falklands to do a series of articles about Falklands’ history, politics and culture.
- 51: Director of Emergency Services Visits MPC - Falklands (Education) - 23.09.2011
- Director of Emergency Services, Chief Superintendent Barry Marsden made the trip to MPC this week as a prelude to the exercising of the Major Incident Response Plan by the Falkland Islands Emergency Services later this month.
- 52: QUALIFICATION CERTIFICATES PRESENTED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Education) - 13.08.2011
- Professional qualification certificates were handed out at a Government House reception on Monday evening.
- 53: St Helena NEW MANAGEMENT FOR THE EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT DIRECTORATE - St Helena (Education) - 30.07.2011
- “The public are advised that with effect from 21 July 2011 the Education & Employment Directorate will be jointly managed by Mrs Beverly Francis,
- 54: JSEOD CONDUCTS STANLEY SCHOOL PRESENTATIONS - Falklands (Education) - 17.07.2011
- In a display of their continuing support to the Falkland Islands community, two members of the JSEOD team based at MPC conducted mine awareness training to the local school children of Stanley on Wednesday 6th July.
- 55: JSPSUDOG SECTION LET THE DOGS LOOSE FOR CHARITY - S.Atlantic (Education) - 17.07.2011
- Following the highly successful Big Salute charity auction held by BFBS in June, the Falkland Islands Company came away with the highly valued prize of ‘bite your boss’ by donating £240 to the cause.
- 56: The Tristan Song Project - Tristan (Education) - 18.06.2011
- A collaborative song-writing project has started to bring rewards to the children of Tristan da Cunha.
- 57: ISLAND GAMES TEAM TO DEPART FOR ISLE OF WIGHT - Falklands (Education) - 17.06.2011
- “It’s a really great occasion having so many people heading off to the Island Games – a team of 30 plus with officials as well. I think it’s outstanding that we have managed to put teams together in five separate sporting activities....
- 58: St Helena Discussions take place on Education - St Helena (Education) - 14.05.2011
- Last year, the Department for International Development injected additional money into the Education Service.
- 59: FIRS Throws the Spotlight on David Jenkins - Falklands (Education) - 16.04.2011
- It was recently confirmed that the Head Teacher of the Community School and Assistant Director of Education posts are to be combined. I asked David Jenkins (DJ) why this decision has been taken.
- 60: Councillor Mervyn Yon returns form EU-OCT Forum - St Helena (Education) - 16.04.2011
- Returning on 3rd April 2011 was Councillor Mervyn Yon. Councillor Yon returns to the Island after having attended the European Union’s Overseas Countries and Territories Forum (EU-OCT) in New Caledonia.
- 61: Meet Susan O’Bey, Director of Strategic Policy and Planning - St Helena (Education) - 16.04.2011
- The Strategic Policy and Planning Unit (SPPU) is a newly established function within SHG. The SPPU has an overarching role.
- 62: St Helena's Alice Greentree retires from the Education Department - St Helena (Education) - 09.04.2011
- Former Education Officer (Primary), Alice Greentree, has retired from the Education Department after forty one years.
- 63: FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE: CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2011/2012 - Falklands (Education) - 01.04.2011
- Government House invites Islanders interested in postgraduate study in the UK to apply for a Chevening Scholarship Award.
- 64: Bishop Stephen returns - wearing Two Mitres! - Falklands (Education) - 14.03.2011
- This weekend, Christians based both at the Cathedral and at MPA will be among many others who’ll give a warm welcome to Bishop Stephen Venner, whose fourth visit to the Falkland Islands promises to be a busy one.
- 65: URUGUAYAN JOURNALISTS VISIT THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 13.03.2011
- Three Uruguayan Journalists and a member of Staff from the British Embassy in Montevideo, are visiting the Falklands from 5 to 12 March 2011 on a familiarisation visit.
- 66: POLICE COMMENDATIONS AWARDED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Education) - 13.03.2011
- An award of Police Commendations took place at Government House on Monday, 08 March 2011. H. E. the Governor Mr Nigel Haywood and his wife, Louise welcomed Police Officers and their family and friends to the ceremony as well as FITV, the new media outlet for the Falklands.
- 67: GOVERNOR HAYWOOD HONOURS NVQ RECIPIENTS AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Education) - 05.03.2011
- H. E. the Governor Mr Nigel Haywood has hosted a reception at Government House for students at the training centre who received a variety of certificates.
- 68: New Head Teacher for Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 13.01.2011
- The new Head Teacher of Prince Andrew School, Abraham Swart accompanied by his wife arrived on island on Tuesday, 11th January 2011.
- 69: Overseas Territories Environmental Programme fund launched - All (Education) - 03.11.2010
- Government House in the Falklands has announced the launch of the latest Overseas Territories Environmental Programme. This is a joint fund - run by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Department for International Development - which supports the implementation of Environment Charters and Environmental Management in the Overseas Territories.
- 70: FIRS COMMONWEALTH GAMES REPORT - Falklands (Education) - 09.10.2010
- The Falkland Islands team at the Commonwealth Games have secured another win. Following their victory earlier this week against Samoa, the Falklands’ lawn bowlers won another match today.
- 71: St Helena Arrival of Public Sector Modernisation Adviser - St Helena (Education) - 08.10.2010
- Public sector modernisation continues within the St Helena Government and on Sunday 10 October, Robin Swaisland will arrive to advise SHG on next steps with the programme. In addition he will help to implement necessary changes to the way Government works.
- 72: HMS GLOUCESTER visits Stanley - Falklands (Education) - 08.10.2010
- HMS Gloucester is visiting Port Stanley 5-6 October for the first time during her tenure as the Atlantic Patrol Task (South) ship.
- 73: ALL SYSTEMS “GO” ON HMS GLOUCESTER - Falklands (Education) - 08.10.2010
- Members of Legislative Assembly, Media, government departments and the private sector were invited to lunch and a tour of HMS Gloucester on Wednesday, 06 October 2010.
- 74: St Helena - Derek Henry Joins OCS Team - St Helena (Education) - 30.08.2010
- Derek Henry has joined the Office of the Chief Secretary’s (OCS) team as Manager of Central Administration with effect from today, 23 August 2010.
- 75: St Helenian Petrina Williams Qualifies as Doctor of Medicine - St Helena (Education) - 22.08.2010
- “It was an intense six years but worth it in the end” says Doctor Petrina Williams, St Helena’s first known female doctor of medicine.
- 76: RIC patrol builds bridges with Shallow Harbour House - Falklands (Education) - 13.08.2010
- Number 3 Company, 1st Battalion, the Welsh Guards, continue to patrol the settlements of the Falkland Islands as part of their responsibility as the Roulement Infantry Company.
- 77: Mount Pleasant Complex gets an inter-Service education - S.Atlantic (Education) - 13.08.2010
- On Saturday, 24th July, the Expeditionary Air Wing HQ gave 30 personnel from all ranks and Services the opportunity to visit the Wing and have a look around the different types of aircraft that mount operations in the Falkland Islands. The tour included talks on the Sea King, the VC10 & C130J Hercules* as well the Typhoons, the fast-jet fighter aircraft.
- 78: Falklands' Exercise Purple Strike - Falklands (Education) - 25.07.2010
- During the previous week British Forces South Atlantic Islands (BFSAI) completed an arduous all-encompassing exercise in the depths of the Falkland Islands winter.
- 79: St Helena - Maths Trainer Arrives on 24 June - St Helena (Education) - 27.06.2010
- Education is one of the most important factors in the development of any country and, here on St Helena, against a backdrop of dwindling resources and skills, the Education Department continues to strive to provide quality learning opportunities for all.
- 80: Shackleton Scholarships Announced - Falklands (Education) - 23.06.2010
- Shackleton Scholarships have been announced for quality of life scholars studying in the Falklands and South Georgia.
- 81: Development Project Facilitator gains Diploma in Project Management with Distinction - St Helena (Education) - 23.06.2010
- In October 2008, Tessa Roberts was successful in securing a place to study a 2 year Distance Learning Course in Project Management with Oxford College
- 82: 2010 Shackleton Awards Announced - Falklands (Education) - 26.05.2010
- David Tatham, Former Falklands' Governor, announces the 2010 academic awards of the Shackleton Scholarship Fund .
- 83: New Training Facility for the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Education) - 26.05.2010
- Vast resources for training and qualifications are available for the Falkland Islands’ population at the modern new premises of the Falkland Islands Government’s Training Centre.
- 84: Falklands Sea and marine Cadets Pass Inspection With Flying Colours - Falklands (Education) - 25.05.2010
- The Sea and Marine Cadets held their annual inspection on Sunday evening at Cadet HQ. Family members and friends attended the ceremonial inspection as well as evolutions. Evolutions included dancing the “Hornpipe” and setting up a “Basha” including the cooking of com rations – without the benefit of a fire.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 85: It's All GO for Falklands' Team Tranquil - Falklands (Education) - 03.04.2010
- Though Team Tranquil operates in the background, members have been busy on a variety of projects beginning with two training sessions for the listening line. One more person has joined volunteer listeners who are available for confidential service.
- 86: South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands -Cephalopods - S.Georgia (Education) - 13.03.2010
- Dr Martin Collins writes about Cephalopods depicted on stamps.
- 87: BRIGADIER IMPRESSED WITH FALKLANDS’ TRAINING FACILITIES - Falklands (Education) - 11.02.2010
- Brigadier Justin Maciejewski of 3 Yorks Alma Company, 12th Mechanised Brigade based at Warminster, Buford near Salisbury has spent the past week in the Falklands visiting training facilities.
- 88: St Helena Education Discussions Continue... - St Helena (Education) - 06.02.2010
- Discussions continue within the Education Department on what can be achieved over the next three years, through the Education Sector Support Programme. Consideration is also being given to how this support can continue to bear fruits after 2013.
- 89: St Helena Meetings Commence with Education Advisors - St Helena (Education) - 30.01.2010
- The visiting Education Advisors are meeting with Councillors from the new Education and Employment Committee and staff from the Education Department to discuss education priorities for the next three years and beyond.
- 90: Education Department Plans for Next Three Years - St Helena (Education) - 24.01.2010
- The Education Department is making plans to further improve the standard of education on the Island.
- 91: NVQs AND CERTIFICATES PRESENTED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Education) - 24.01.2010
- Certificates and NVQs were presented to candidates at a Government House reception on Tuesday evening by Mr Rhys Hughes, External Verifier from City & Guilds and Mr Paul Martinez, the Acting Governor.
- 92: Tristan Science - Research and conservation activities at Inaccessible Island - Tristan (Education) - 19.12.2009
- Peter Ryan & Rob Ronconi tell us about valuable research on Inaccessible Island.
- 93: Building Human Rights Capacity in the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Education) - 02.11.2009
- The Human Rights Capacity Building Project for the UK Overseas Territories is proposing a schedule for human rights awareness training in the week beginning 30 November. It is proposed that the training would take place after similar classes in Ascension so their sessions would be completed before the first week of December.
- 94: Giselle Richards Qualifies with Masters Degree - St Helena (Education) - 27.09.2009
- Giselle Richards has qualified with a Masters Degree in Educational Improvement, Development and Change. Giselle graduated with Merit and passed all modules in her course.
- 95: St Helena Celebrates Success within the Media - St Helena (Education) - 05.09.2009
- The St Helena News Media Services is pleased to advise that our Editor Miss Kerisha Stevens has obtained a Distinction in Journalism and News-writing.
- 96: 22 Honoured at Government House Presentation - Falklands (Education) - 05.09.2009
- A vocational presentation evening was held at Government House on Tuesday, 01 September 2009, where a group of 5 young apprentices, 12 15 to 25 year olds and 5 adults received Key Skills, IVQ and NVQ certificates.
- 97: St Helena: Education Department Away Day - St Helena (Education) - 16.08.2009
- The Education Department held its away day at Prince Andrew School, yesterday 10 August. The event was opened by Lilla Oliver, Chief Education Officer who welcomed everyone in attendance and gave an overview of the day.
- 98: Sorting out the Falklands Moths - S.Atlantic (Education) - 29.07.2009
- The Falkland Islands don’t have a lot of moths – it’s generally too windy; but what they have are really interesting.
- 99: Falklands Public Meeting Report 07/21/09 - Falklands (Education) - 22.07.2009
- A public meeting was held in the Court and council Chamber of the Town at 1700hrs on Tuesday, 21 July 2009. Present were Councillors Stevens, Cockwell, Hansen, Clausen, Robertson and Summers (Chair).
- 100: St Helena - Che Yon Qualifies as Pilot - St Helena (Education) - 10.07.2009
- St Helenian Scholar, Che Yon, has graduated as a qualified pilot from the Cabair Flight Training School in the UK.
- 101: Falklands White Paper on Education Released - Falklands (Education) - 19.05.2009
- A white paper on education has been released by the Education Department on Monday. The paper outlines several areas that were dealt with in the Green paper on Education that was sent out for comment earlier this year.
- 102: ENVIRONMENTAL FOCUS IN THIS YEAR’S SHACKLETON AWARDS - Falklands (Education) - 15.05.2009
- According to a press release from David Tatham, six scholars have been informed of their 2009 Shackleton scholarships. All applicants proposed to study environmental topics in the Falkland Islands.
- 103: Chief Education Officer Appointed - St Helena (Education) - 09.05.2009
- Lilla Oliver has been appointed to the post of Chief Education Officer within the St Helena Government.
- 104: TRAINING EXPRESS FULL OF TRAINING NEWS - Falklands (Education) - 25.04.2009
- Issue 5 of the Training Express, a publication of the Training and Employment Centre on Airport Road .
- 105: St Helena's Tracy Thomas Awarded Environmental Management Diploma - St Helena (Education) - 22.01.2009
- Tracy Lee Thomas has been awarded an Environmental Management Diploma after studying, by distance learning, with Stonebridge Associated Colleges UK.
- 106: St Helena - John Thurlow Back on St Helena as AVES Manager - St Helena (Education) - 22.01.2009
- John Thurlow has returned to St Helena once again to manage the Adult Vocational Education Service (AVES). John has previous experience in this role, having worked initially as AVES Adviser and then AVES Manager during 2007.
- 107: St Helena Management of the Education Department - St Helena (Education) - 10.01.2009
- John Cocks, Acting Chief Education Officer has left St Helena and the post of Chief Education Officer is still to be filled.
- 108: Successful Progress Review for FICS - Falklands (Education) - 20.12.2008
- The progress review of the Falkland Islands Community School has concluded that overall the school has made satisfactory progress and that their capacity to improve further is judged as good.
- 109: Prince Andrew School Discipline Problems Not Unique to St Helena Says Governor - St Helena (Education) - 10.12.2008
- Last February I set up a Working Group in order to investigate rumours and reports of discipline problems at Prince Andrew School.
- 110: GARRON YON GAINS MASTERS DEGREE IN MASS COMMUNICATIONS - St Helena (Education) - 07.12.2008
- The Deputy Chief Secretary has been advised that the Board of Examiners have recommended that Garron Yon, Public Relations/Information Officer in the Office of the Chief Secretary (OCS) be awarded the Masters Degree in Mass Communications with the University of Leicester.
- 111: Falkland Islands - Port Louis 1833-2008 - S.Atlantic (Education) - 07.09.2008
- The history of the discovery of the Falkland Islands is somewhat complicated as there are claims that a number of different explorers first sighted one or other of the many Islands which make up the group.
- 112: 1312 Flt Celebrate 25 Falkland Years - Falklands (Education) - 04.09.2008
- 1312 Flight has been at Mount Pleasant Complex for 25 years and to celebrate the event they did a fly-past over Stanley harbour.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) A VC-10 from 1312 Flight dragging refuelling hoses, with a Lynx Helicopter from HMS Liverpool in the background.
- 113: Professional Certificates Handed out at Government House - Falklands (Education) - 24.08.2008
- Fifteen people received professional certificates from H. E. the Governor Mr Alan Huckle.
Photo (c) Roxanne King - Recipients in a group photo with H. E. the Governor Mr Alan Huckle
- 114: Robin Hood Saves His Merry Men at the Town Hall - Falklands (Education) - 08.08.2008
- The Infant/Junior School put on an entertaining rendition of Robin Hood at the Town Hall on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Cast of Robin Hood
- 115: Falklands Students DARE to be Different - Falklands (Education) - 05.08.2008
- The DARE Programme has been re-instituted in the Falklands after two years.
- 116: Internet news relevant to the Falklands - Falklands (Education) - 13.07.2008
- A weekly look at how the Falklands are being reported in other parts of the world.
- 117: Public Meeting Report (26/05/08) - Falklands (Education) - 28.05.2008
- A public meeting took place in the Court and Council Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 26 May 2008.
- 118: Discussion and information sharing forums in the UK - St Helena (Education) - 24.04.2008
- Kedell Worboys, the St Helena Government UK Representative, is planning to set up some discussion/information sharing forums in several geographical locations in the UK over the coming months for “Saints” to participate. These will enable Saints to discuss topical issues on the island and any issues affecting St Helenians collectively in the UK.
- 119: Internet News Relevant to the Falkland Islands (18/04/08) - Falklands (Education) - 18.04.2008
- Occasionally some of the Island newspapers will be compiling news from the internet relevant to each one. Tristan da Cunha has a compilation on its site at http://www.tristantimes.com.
- 120: Falklands NVQ and Apprentice Certificates Awarded - Falklands (Education) - 25.01.2008
- NVQ Candidates and Apprentices received their certificates at Government House on Monday evening at a reception hosted by H. E. the Governor Mr. Alan Huckle.
- 121: Prince Andrew School Publishes a Book on St Helena - St Helena (Education) - 09.12.2007
- Prince Andrew School has published a full colour, hardback book entitled “St Helena, Then and Now, 1817 – 2007”
- 122: Falklands Director of Education Report - Falklands (Education) - 24.10.2007
- Mrs. Barbara Booth has reported to the Education Board.
- 123: Good GCSE Results for FICS Students - Falklands (Education) - 25.08.2007
- Twelve of fifteen hopefulls will attend 6th form College in the UK.
- 124: Education Board meeting Report (10/07/07) - Falklands (Education) - 19.07.2007
- Find out what happened during this important board meeting
- 125: Sergeant Roberts Speaks About the DARE Project - Falklands (Education) - 04.07.2007
- Sergeant Roberts has been involved with the DARE Project for the past 10 years. He speaks about his involvement and the project's history in the Falklands.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Sergeant Roberts and his students.
- 126: Training Centre: Travelling in the Right Direction - Falklands (Education) - 19.05.2007
- The Training Centre has launched a newsletter.
- 127: MBE FOR TIM SIMPSON - Falklands (Education) - 23.04.2007
- Mrs Mirabelle, Herminie (TIM) Simpson, the art teacher at FICS, has received an MBE from HM the Queen. The medal was presented to her at a ceremony at Government House on Friday, 20 April 2007. Her name was included in the New Year’s Honours list.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Mrs. Simpson receives her MBE medal from H. E. the Governor Mr. Huckle.
- 128: Mental Health Strategy Group Seeks Volunteers for Samaritan Training - Falklands (Education) - 19.04.2007
- The MHSG wants 40 volunteers for a much needed help line.
- 129: Successful Falklands Visit for Chevening Scholars - Falklands (Education) - 19.02.2007
- Six Chevening Scholars from Argentina have completed a visit to the Falkland Islands on a fact finding mission for their disciplines of Economics, Political Science, Law, International Relations and Journalism.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Andres Zenerruza, Eugenia Mitchelstein, Matias Campodonio, Jorge Liotti, Sonia Jalfin and Franco Fugazza at Government House on Friday.
- 130: OT Students to Benefit from Reduced Tuition Fees - St Helena (Education) - 22.11.2006
- At the Press Conference at the opening of the Overseas Territories Consultative Council meeting held yesterday in London, 21 November, Mr Bill Rammel, Higher Education Minister, was delighted to announce proposals to enable students from the British Overseas Territories to be treated as home students for fee purposes at institutions in England.
- 131: Identity Theft and the Wheelie Bin - S.Atlantic (Education) - 14.10.2006
- What's in your wheelie bin can say volumes about who you are. Read on to find out what you can do to stop the flow of information.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) - The method may be unusual but it's as good as the most expensive shredders.
- 132: Falklands Mature Students Honoured at Government House - S.Atlantic (Education) - 13.10.2006
- Twenty-four mature students have received diplomas and certificates for their efforts at Government House.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The 24 plus H. E. the Governor Mr. Alan Huckle and Mr. Dennis Harris, who took the risk to employ Apprentices.
- 133: St. Helena Customer Care for Long-term Unemployed - St Helena (Education) - 04.10.2006
- As part of the UNDP funded project, “Training Long-Term Unemployed”, the St Helena Development Agency has delivered customer care training to a number of unemployed people.
Photo (c) St. Helena Media
- 134: Consultation Continues on Education’s Proposal - St Helena (Education) - 13.09.2006
- Consultation on the proposed reorganisation of schools has continued with the Education Committee meeting about 100 parents in Jamestown, Longwood and Half Tree Hollow.
- 135: Giselle Richards Studies Counselling - St Helena (Education) - 12.09.2006
- St Helenian, Giselle Richards, is in her second year of study at York St John, College of the University of Leeds. Giselle left St Helena in 2004 and is working towards a Bachelor of Arts degree in Counselling Studies.
Photo (c) St. Helena Herald Giselle Richards
- 136: Scholar Returns to Teach at Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 06.09.2006
- After four years of study, scholar Kerry Stevens has returned to St Helena having successfully completed a degree in Business with the North Hertfordshire College/Hertfordshire University.
- 137: Falkland Islands Community School Prize Giving Report - Falklands (Education) - 10.08.2006
- Students in Year 11 received their Records of Achievement from Acting Governor Miss Harriet Hall.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Jock Elliot, Clovis Kilmartin and Gary Clement at the FICS Prize Giving on Wednesday.
- 138: David Higgins' Back in the South Atlantic - Falklands (Education) - 27.07.2006
- David Higgins, who left his post i the Falklands to take up one at Two Boats School on Ascension Island, is back in the Falklands for another stint as head teacher at the Community School.
- 139: Parliamentarians to Visit the Falklands - Falklands (Education) - 26.07.2006
- The Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme is sponsoring four MPs for a visit to the Falklands
- 140: Police e-mail Address to Help Community - Falklands (Education) - 10.05.2006
- Now children and adults can have a confidential chat with a Police Officer.
- 141: Sea Survival Training - Ascension (Education) - 04.05.2006
- On Wednesday & Thursday of last week Paul Davies of Sea Survival International held a Sea Survival Training course with Marine & Fire Rescue Staff at the Georgetown Swimming Pool.
- 142: Education Board Meeting (05/02/06) - Falklands (Education) - 03.05.2006
- Find out what happened during this important boardmeeting.
- 143: Education Board Meeting (07/02/06) - Falklands (Education) - 07.02.2006
- Find out what happened during this important committee meeting.
- 144: Yeates Still in Falkland Waters - Falklands (Education) - 04.01.2006
- Colin Yeates, who is attempting to circumnavigate Antarctica in a row-boat is still in Falkland Waters.
- 145: Mobile Phones Banned from Falklands Schools - Falklands (Education) - 22.12.2005
- If you are a student in the Falklands the mere possession of a mobile phone at school can land you in trouble!
- 146: Education Board Meeting (06/12/05) - Falklands (Education) - 08.12.2005
- Find out what happened during this important meeting
- 147: South Georgia Circumnavigation Completed by British Kayak Team - S.Georgia (Education) - 01.12.2005
- The British shaved two days off New Zealand's record.
- 148: VIP Visits British Forces South Atlantic Islands - S.Atlantic (Education) - 30.11.2005
- John Maskell-Bott tells us more.
Photo (c) Crown Copyright - VIP fire power
- 149: Tristan Scholar Returns Home - S.Atlantic (Education) - 23.11.2005
- Sarah Glass will be sending info from Tristan
- 150: Business News from St. Helena - St Helena (Education) - 23.11.2005
- Tony Green told the St. Helena Herald about Entrepreneurship in Summer School.
- 151: Goodbye Mr Higgins - Ascension (Education) - 17.11.2005
- All the staff and children at Two Boats School would like to thank Head teacher Mr. Higgins for all his hard work over the last four years.
- 152: Do You Know Where Your Children Are? - Falklands (Education) - 16.11.2005
- FINN knows where a large number of them spend their time.
- 153: Spring Fair Nets Stanley Kids Zone £340.00 - Falklands (Education) - 18.10.2005
- People in Stanley supported one of their day care nurseries.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The action in the Parish Hall
- 154: Cayman's Principal Prison Officer Trains RFIP - Falklands (Education) - 17.10.2005
- Peter Foster has a holistic approach to prison officer training.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Peter Foster
- 155: Year 6 Students DARE to say No to Alcohol, Drugs and Violence - Falklands (Education) - 30.07.2005
- The presentation of certificates for the DARE programme took place on Thursday, 28 July 2005 at the Infant/Junior School Hall.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) - Year 6 with John Farrow, left, Sgt. Roberts, Centre and H. E. the Governor Mr. Howard Pearce, right.
- 156: Wot? More School? Nah! - Ascension (Education) - 28.07.2005
- This year I decided to take advantage of the GCSE evening courses delivered by the staff of Two Boats School.
- 157: ASCENSION’S ACHIEVERS REWARDED AT TWO BOATS SCHOOL PRIZE GIVING - Ascension (Education) - 07.07.2005
- The annual Two Boats School Leavers Assembly took place at 1120 am on Friday, 01 July 2005
- 158: Golden Anniversary for Infant/Junior School - Falklands (Education) - 11.06.2005
- Students at the Stanley Infant/Junior School had a special assembly at 0910 this morning when they all gathered to wish their school a very happy 50th birthday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Macaulay Middleton blows out the candles on a huge birthday cake.
- 159: A Special Thank-you for Sheffield Survivor - Falklands (Education) - 07.05.2005
- It isn't often that a college student would recognise a South Atlantic Medal but Zoran Zuvic is an exception.
Photo (c) Zoran Zuvic
- 160: Two Falklands Students Meet H. M. the Queen - Falklands (Education) - 15.03.2005
- Two students from Peter Symonds College have met H.M. the Queen.
- 161: Honours Degree for Christine Jonas - St Helena (Education) - 29.01.2005
- Twenty five year old Christine Jonas, daughter of Maureen Jonas of Farm Lodge, has gained a BSc (Honours) 2.1 in Sports Education. Paul George tells us more.
- 162: Trainers at the Ready - Falklands (Education) - 28.01.2005
- The first batch of students undergoing Training Development through the Training Unit passed out with flying colours at the Chamber of Commerce this week, having completed three phases of the course.
Photo (c) Eyleen Davis - The intrepid Trainers.
- 163: Journalism Fellowship Seeks Applicants - S.Atlantic (Education) - 04.01.2005
- Applications are invited for the Gordon N. Fisher Journalism Fellowship at Massey College in the University of Toronto from 01 September 2005 to 30 April 2006.
- 164: Thirty-Four Receive Diplomas and Certificates at Government House - Falklands (Education) - 24.11.2004
- Thirty-four Falklands students have been given Diplomas Certificates at Government House by H. E. the Governor Mr. Howard Pearce.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) H. E. the Governor Mr. Howard Pearce poses with students and their diplomas and certificates.
- 165: Falklands Students Receive NVQ and OCR Certificates - Falklands (Education) - 21.11.2004
- During two ceremonies, one on 16 November and one on 22 November, Falklands students achieved their goals.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) - Those receiving certificates on 16 November 2004 stand with H. E. the Governor Mr. Pearce.
- 166: FIH Improves Offer for Portsmouth Ferry Company - Falklands (Education) - 19.11.2004
- The Board of Falkland Islands Holdings PLC ('FIH') is pleased to announce an
improvement in the terms of its offer for the whole of the issued share capital
of The Portsmouth Harbour Ferry Company PLC ('PHFC') not already owned by FIH
- 167: Big Bangs Rock Onion Range - S.Atlantic (Education) - 17.10.2004
- Observers from Stanley and Mount Pleasant Complex visited Onion Range on East Falkland on Friday to have hands-on experience of Army firepower.
Photos (c) J. Brock (FINN) - Just don't smile for the photo!
- 168: BAS Aircraft Arrive for Antarctic Summer Season - Br.Ant.Territory (Education) - 17.10.2004
- Two Twin Otters and a Dash 7 have arrived in Stanley on Friday afternoon in preparation for the up coming summer season of flying in the Antarctic.
Photos (c) J. Brock (FINN) - The Dash 7 is getting ready for her first seasonal flight south.
- 169: Political Shenanigans Mar South American Cricket - S.Atlantic (Education) - 09.09.2004
- In this case the feel good factor that the exuded from the Olympics has been thoroughly thumb-screwed.
- 170: Infant/Junior School and Camp Education Prize-Giving Report - Falklands (Education) - 04.08.2004
- The annual Infant/Junior School and Camp Education Prize Giving has taken place in the Town hall at 1800 on Monday, 02 August 2004. The venue began when Infant/Junior School Head, Mr. John Farrow welcomed everyone to the event.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Year 6 Students from Saunders House Collect their trophy.
- 171: Falklands Students DARE to Say NO to Alcohol and Drugs - Falklands (Education) - 17.07.2004
- Falklands students in Year 6 have shown, once again, that it pays to say NO to alcohol and drugs.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Year 6 Students show the audience 8 ways of saying NO to Alcohol, drugs and violence.
- 172: Joint Winners for Sue Whitley EX - Falklands (Education) - 12.07.2004
- The 20th annual Susan Whitley Art and Crafts Exhibition is being held over the weekend of 10 to 12 July 2004.
Photos (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 173: A Selection of St. Helena News - St Helena (Education) - 02.07.2004
- St Helenian student, Kerry Stevens is currently studying towards a Foundation Degree in Business with the North Hertfordshire College/Hertfordshire University.
Photo (c) Garron Yon
- 174: St. Helena Scholars Information - St Helena (Education) - 28.06.2004
- Young Children on St. Helena have achieved a lot. Here is two articles about them.
- 175: FICS Student Achievers Awarded at Prize-Giving Ceremony - Falklands (Education) - 21.05.2004
- The annual presentation of GCSEs and Prize Giving at the Falkland Islands Community School took place at 1900 on 20 May 2004 in the School Street. Parents, friends and well-wishers filled the venue while Headmaster, Mr. Alan Purvis welcomed everyone.
Photos(c) J. Brock (FINN) Students pose with their certificates and the Governor.
- 176: Aide Memorie: Development Mission to St. Helena - St Helena (Education) - 13.05.2004
- A joint DFID and FCO team visited St Helena between 23 April and 9 May 2004 to discuss and negotiate a new three-year package of development assistance for the Island.
- 177: Seven Pass Out At FIDF Recruit Graduation - Falklands (Education) - 03.05.2004
- Seven young men have received their berets at a passing-out ceremony that was held on Saturday, 01 May 2004 at 1800 in the FIDF HQ.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Acting Governor Miss Harriet Hall presents Sean Moffatt with his Best Recruit Trophy.
- 178: Historic First for Tristan Students - Tristan (Education) - 27.04.2004
- Students have landed on many remote places during their GAP years and at other stages during their primary and secondary education. However, some from St. Mary’s School in Edinburgh, Tristan da Cunha – itself a pretty remote place – have gone to the head of the class as far as landing on remote Islands.
Photo(c) J. Brock (SARTMA - TdC) Tristanian Students on Salt Beach, Inaccessible Island
- 179: NVQ Certificates Presented by Governor - Falklands (Education) - 01.03.2004
- NVQ Certificates were handed out to several individuals at Government House on Thursday evening.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Trevor Wright receives a stamp catalogue on behalf of his collection for his grandson.
- 180: Stanley Sports Association Fun Day Photos - Falklands (Education) - 30.11.2003
- On Saturday between 1100 and 1500, the Stanley Sports Association held a Fun Day at Stanley Racecourse. The Military played a huge part in the excellent day out.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 181: Krysteen Ormond Named Governor's Cadet - Falklands (Education) - 20.11.2003
- Following on from H. E. the Governor Mr. Pearce’s announcement at the Sea Cadet’s annual inspection in October, Commodore Roger Parker RNR, confirmed by letter that Krysteen Ormond has been singled out to receive the honour for a year.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Krysteen receives her certificate from H. E. the Governor Mr. Howard Pearce.
- 182: Education News - St Helena (Education) - 18.11.2003
- The Education Department has been awarded the Investor in People Accreditation following assessment earlier this year.
- 183: Twenty-four Receive NVQs from City and Guilds - S.Atlantic (Education) - 09.11.2003
- Twenty-four people have received certificates denoting NVQs that they have earned over the past few months at a reception at Government house on Friday, 07 November 2003.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA) Rachael Hancox is being congratulated for her efforts by H. E. the Governor, Mr. Howard Pearce.
- 184: Gap Students Heading for Camp - S.Atlantic (Education) - 12.10.2003
- Five Gap year students have arrived in Stanley from the UK on yesterday’s Tristar.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)Gap Students enjoy a game of snooker on their last day in Stanley.
- 185: Governor Announces New Sea Cadet Post - S.Atlantic (Education) - 12.10.2003
- In the United Kingdom It’s been a custom for many years to choose the Lord Lieutenant’s Cadet annually. Staff at the TS Endurance, the Falklands Sea and Marine Cadet Unit, have decided that it would be a good idea for the Falklands.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA) H. E. Governor Pearce chats with Sea Cadets during their annual inspection.
- 186: Sea Cadets Pass Inspection With Flying Colours - S.Atlantic (Education) - 12.10.2003
- The annual Sea and Marine Cadet Inspection took place at T/S ENDURANCE on Wednesday, 08 October 2003 beginning at 1900.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Inspecting Officer arrives.
- 187: Coaching Scheme Sponsored by NATWEST - Falklands (Education) - 11.09.2003
- Steve Dent tells us that there is a scheme for would-be coaches.
- 188: St. Helena: Investors in People - St Helena (Education) - 28.08.2003
- Departments have been assessed for accreditation later this year.
- 189: Falklands Students DARE to Say NO to Drugs - Falklands (Education) - 18.07.2003
- Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Students from Year 6 at Stanley Infant/Junior School pose with their certificates after successfully completing the 2003 DARE Programme.