|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (23) - Archived (1468) - All (1491)
- 1: MEDIA GROUP PLANNING FALKLANDS DOCUMENTARY - Falklands (Business News) - 11.09.2014
- Chalkboard media Group are looking for people who could help them make a documentary about life in the Falklands.
- 2: St Helena: PHARMACY BUS TIMES - St Helena (Business News) - 10.09.2014
- Further to the press release issued yesterday (Tuesday 9 September 2014) regarding Outpatient Clinics, the Health & Social Services Directorate would like to remind the public of the dates and times of the Pharmacy Bus facility in the districts:
- 3: St Helena: AIRPORT FUEL MANAGEMENT CONTRACT AGREED - St Helena (Business News) - 09.09.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce the finalisation of the Fuel Management Contract between SHG and GreyStar Europe to operate the new Bulk Fuel Installation (BFI) in Rupert’s Valley.
- 4: St Helena: DONATION OF UNIFORM TO ST HELENA POLICE - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2014
- The St Helena Police Service took delivery of twelve parcels of Police uniform from last week’s arrival of the RMS, donated by Sussex Police in the UK.
- 5: AIR SERVICE PROCUREMENT FOR ST HELENA PHASE 2 COMMENCES - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce that Invitations to Tender (ITT) for the provision of air services to St Helena have today been issued to pre-qualified parties.
- 6: St Helena: PUBLIC ACCESS TO SHG INFORMATION - NEW CODE OF PRACTICE - St Helena (Business News) - 01.09.2014
- St Helena Government (SHG) already provides accurate and timely information to the public in many ways - including through routine publishing of public information and by interaction with the media - as part of open and transparent Government.
- 7: TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE OUT FOR PUBLIC CONSULTATION - Falklands (Business News) - 29.08.2014
- A public consultation regarding telecommunications services in the Falkland Islands will be carried out from Friday 29th August 2014 until Friday 26th September 2014.
- 8: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 27 August 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 27.08.2014
- The first paper of the day was the Financial Business Case for a New Port and the Director of Central Services (DCS) attended for this item.
- 9: St Helena: CLOSURE OF LOWER WHARF THIS WEEKEND - UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 22.08.2014
- As previously advised on 11 August, the Lower Wharf will be closed from 12.30pm tomorrow, Saturday 23 August 2014, until Monday morning 25 August (Bank Holiday Monday).
- 10: St Helena: FUEL LEAKAGE IN RUPERT’S - St Helena (Business News) - 21.08.2014
- It was brought to the attention of SHG on Wednesday 20 August 2014 that a section of fuel line used for the movement of fuel from the tanker to the fuel tanks in Rupert’s - was damaged. The affected area is directly behind the beach area.
- 11: St Helena: QUARTERLY STATISTICAL BULLETIN - St Helena (Business News) - 19.08.2014
- The Quarterly Statistical News Bulletin, published in August 2014, covers the period April to June 2014 and contains updates for the annual rate of inflation of the Retail Price Index, Income and Imports, Estimated Population, Migration and Vehicles on St Helena.
- 12: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 1 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- A public meeting was held in the court and Assembly Chamber of the town hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 18 august 2014.
- 13: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- Why can't the taxes that are paid by the employer be a deductible expense for their own taxes (Corporate or private) in the same way as other employer related expenses, given that there is no benefit to the employer – l. E. if you employ people from overseas, paying MST does not entitle the employer to free access to all of the health care system, outside and sometimes costly medical insurance is still required?
- 14: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 3 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- Questions from the floor included one from Stella Prindle-Middleton who said she was confused about a letter in last week’s Penguin News by the Head of the Department of Human Resources.
- 15: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 18 AUGUST 2014 Report Part 4 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.08.2014
- Mike Summers didn’t think that would be right. It could be approached in two separate ways in that in terms of a privatisation – bearing in mind there is a poor sitting of law in this area in the Falklands – in the UK, for about four decades there have been ....
- 16: St Helena: ROAD MAINTENANCE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 13.08.2014
- As part of the on-going road maintenance program, the Highways Authority has given approval for the road from New Bridge to The Briars junction to be closed for an initial period of 15 weeks, starting on Monday 18 August 2014.
- 17: St Helena: ROAD MAINTENANCE - St Helena (Business News) - 08.08.2014
- As part of the on-going road maintenance program, the Highways Authority has given approval for the road from New Bridge to The Briars junction to be closed for an initial period of 15 weeks, starting on Monday 18 August 2014. The closure will be for 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, weather permitting.
- 18: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 19: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 20: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 21: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 22: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 23: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office