|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (24) - Archived (1449) - All (1473)
- 1: Falklands: NEW DIRECTOR OF CENTRAL SERVICES APPOINTED - Falklands (Business News) - 30.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government is pleased to announce the appointment of Matt Bassford as the new Director of Central Services, succeeding Simon Fletcher who leaves the Islands this August.
- 2: POULTRY BREEDING MOVES TO RODDY’S CHICKEN FARM UNDER PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP - St Helena (Business News) - 29.07.2014
- Poultry breeding on St Helena involves activities such as the importation of chicken parent stock and the production, brooding and sale of 3-week old chicks.
- 3: NEW ROADS MANAGER FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 29.07.2014
- St Helena Government’s new Roads Manager, Benjamin (Ben) Hathway (photo attached) arrived on Island on Wednesday 23 July 2014 on a three year contract.
- 4: Falklands: TURBO TIM AND FALKLANDS 4X4 RARING TO GO - Falklands (Business News) - 28.07.2014
- The Falkland Island Company and Turbo Tim Motors have announced a merger between Falklands 4x4 and Turbo Tim Motors.
- 5: KEEN RUNNER TAKES OVER STANDARD CHARTERED BANK IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 28.07.2014
- A new chief Executive Officer for Standard Chartered Bank has arrived in the Falklands to take over from Binoy Karia
- 6: EMERGENCY PLANNING ON ST HELENA AND MAJOR INCIDENT PLAN - St Helena (Business News) - 28.07.2014
- An Island Major Incident Plan is currently being finalised, centred on emergency planning arrangements that need to be in place should a major incident occur on St Helena.
- 7: ST HELENA AIRPORT RUNWAY - INVERTEBRATE, PLANT AND ENDEMIC LICHEN SURVEY - St Helena (Business News) - 28.07.2014
- A large area of natural land surface at the Airport site (Prosperous Bay Plain) will of course be lost to construction and associated project works for St Helena’s Airport.
- 8: NEW ST HELENA PORT AUTHORITY - St Helena (Business News) - 28.07.2014
- A new St Helena Port Authority has now been established, to replace the former Harbour Board, taking over its functions and responsibilities.
- 9: Expanded Share Incentive Plan announced Falkland Islands Holdings - Falklands (Business News) - 25.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Company has announced the expansion of its tax efficient Share Incentive Plan (SIP).
- 10: Falklands: Change of name for Chamber Board - Falklands (Business News) - 25.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce (FICOC) held its Annual General Meeting on Friday evening (25th July) where it was agreed that the FICOC Council will now be called the FICOC Board of Directors.
- 11: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 22 JULY 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 22.07.2014
- Executive Council met today 22 July 2014 with two items on the Open Agenda.
- 12: St helena: AIR SERVICE PROCUREMENT FOR ST HELENA – END OF PHASE 1 - St Helena (Business News) - 21.07.2014
- St Helena Government is pleased to announce that the market response to the first phase of the Air Service Procurement process has been very positive.
- 13: NOTICE TO ALL PERSONS TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN TO SOUTH AFRICA (21/07) - St Helena (Business News) - 21.07.2014
- The Immigration Service would like to advise all persons travelling with children under the age of 18 to South Africa of a change in entry regulations.
- 14: REMINDER OF DROP IN SESSIONS FOR PROPOSED PAID LEAVE & SICK PAY - St Helena (Business News) - 21.07.2014
- The consultation process for proposed paid leave and sick leave in the private sector will form the basis of a report that will identify the next steps forward. Both employers’ and employees’ opinions will be fully considered as part of this review.
- 15: FALKLANDS’ POSTAL SERVICES GO PRIVATE - Falklands (Business News) - 18.07.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government has outsourced postal services to the private sector.
- 16: St Helena: POLICE CODE OF ETHICS LAUNCHED - St Helena (Business News) - 18.07.2014
- A new Code of Ethics for the Police is launched today, following extensive development and consultation.
- 17: St Helena: NEW CHIEF AUDITOR IN OFFICE - St Helena (Business News) - 18.07.2014
- Arriving to the Island on 7 July 2014 was new Chief Auditor, Phil Sharman.
- 18: ADVERSE WEATHER CAUSES POWER ISSUES AND TREE DAMAGE - Falklands (Business News) - 17.07.2014
- Due to the adverse weather conditions a number of overhead lines were brought down in the Stanley area.
- 19: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 20: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 21: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 22: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 23: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 24: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office