|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (24) - Archived (1394) - All (1418)
- 1: Falklands Business Climate Survey Results Awaited - Falklands (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- The FIDC Business Climate Survey 2014 was distributed to businesses electronically on Tuesday the 1st April 2014.
- 2: Consultation on Support Rural Tax Development Launched - Falklands (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- The introduction of a number of tax reliefs designed to facilitate growth in the rural economy are being considered by the Falkland Islands Government.
- 3: Falklands Executive Council Report 9 April 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 21.04.2014
Executive Council this week consisted of 2 parts; the ordinary Executive Council and the Budget Executive Council where papers that need to go to the Budget Select Committee were reviewed and sent on for further discussion and public consultation where appropriate
- 4: St Helena POST AIRPORT SHIPPING UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- Leaving on the RMS St Helena today after a week on-Island are Matt Young and Kedell Worboys MBE, two of the Directors of St Helena Line (SHL), which is responsible - on behalf of St Helena Government - for entering into and managing a contract for St Helena with a shipping management company, currently Andrew Weir Shipping.
- 5: St Helena WHARF IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT - St Helena (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- Arriving on the RMS on 22 April 2014 will be Simon Quinn from Nicholas O’Dwyer Consulting Engineers and Mathieu Le Gourrierec from CAN France.
- 6: Two Warships of the French Navy to do Port Call in - St Helena (Business News) - 21.04.2014
- Two warships of the French Navy, Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Mistral and Stealth Frigate (FLF) La Fayette will do a port call in St Helena and will be moored off the Island from early on Tuesday 15 April.
- 7: FRENCH NAVAL SHIPS TO CALL AT ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 01.04.2014
- On Tuesday 15 April 2014, St Helena will host a one-day call from two major French warships - the 21,300 tonne Force Projection & Command Ship ‘FS Mistral’ and the advanced Frigate ‘FS La Fayette’.
- 8: Falklands: Citizen’s Advice Bureau Annual Report - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The CAB was formed in July 2012 – an offshoot of the Falkland Islands Human Rights Group. We agreed a Constitution (enclosed) and will shortly be holding our first Annual General Meeting.
- 9: Falkland Islands CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WELCOMES STACY - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce has a new Executive Secretary.
- 10: FALKLANDS: CAREERS FAIR AT FICS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- A careers fair has been scheduled to take place at the Leisure Centre Sports Hall on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 from 1400hrs to 1600hrs.
- 11: St Helena: FOREIGN OFFICE REPLACES GOVERNOR’S FLAG CAR - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has purchased a replacement flag car for the Governor. At no cost to SHG, the silver Jaguar XF replaces the present vehicle, which is now over four years old.
- 12: St Helena: UTILITY TARIFFS 2014/15 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- Further to the Directive on 2014/15 Electricity and Water Tariffs issued by the St Helena Utilities Regulatory Authority on 17 March 2014, Connect Saint Helena Ltd has today published the final utility Tariffs for 2014-15, commencing 1 April 2014.
- 13: NVQ QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR TO ATTEND OVERSEAS TRAINING - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- St Helena’s National Vocational Quality (NVQ) Assurance Coordinator Joyce Duncan (photo attached) is soon to embark on a period of training in the UK.
- 14: St Helena: BUDGET SPEECH 2014/15 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- Financial Secretary Colin Owen this afternoon delivered the Budget Speech for St Helena, 2014/15 (photo attached). The theme of this year’s Budget was the Health of the Nation and Making a Difference.
- 15: St Helena: LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL ELECTIONS – RESULTS - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- Councillor Wilson ‘Tony’ Duncan has this morning been elected as Chairman of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee and a Member of Executive Council.
- 16: ST HELENA MEDIA CODE 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The St Helena Media Code of Practice 2014 was issued today by the St Helena Media Commission.
- 17: St Helena: 2014/15 ELECTRICITY AND WATER TARIFFS - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The St Helena Utilities Regulatory Authority has today issued its Direction under Section 5 (1) (C) of the Utilities Services Ordinance 2013.
- 18: FORMAL LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL MEETING – FRIDAY 21 MARCH 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The First Sitting of the Fourth Meeting of Legislative Council will take place on Friday 21 March 2014 at 10am in the Court House
- 19: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 20: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 21: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 22: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 23: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 24: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office