|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (27) - Archived (1325) - All (1352)
- 1: NEW ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- His Excellency Governor Capes has appointed Frank Wastell as the new Attorney General for St Helena, following Ken Baddon’s tenure. Mr Baddon relinquished Office on 30 November 2013.
- 2: STERLING ON ST HELENA - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- Over the past month, discussions have been held between St Helena Government (SHG) and the Bank of St Helena (BOSH) to try and find a solution to the lack of Sterling currency on the Island at the current time.
- 3: FALKLAND ISLANDS ALLOCATED €5.9MILLION UNDER NEW AGREEMENT WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION - Falklands (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- The European Commission today announced that the Falkland Islands has been allocated a sum of €5.9million to support economic development activities between 2014 and 2020.
- 4: BRASILIAN DELEGATION IN FALKLANDS VISIT - Falklands (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- A five-person delegation from Brasil has come to the Falklands on a familiarisation visit. Clarita Maiabio, Legislative Advisor to the Brasilian Federal State, Simon, Joanisval Brito Goncalves, Senator and member of the Joint Committee on Intelligence Oversight, Gustavo Bernard, Political Advisor for Senator Ana Amelia, Celia de Morais, Political Advisor for Senator Luis Henrique and Andrew Ford, 1st Secretary (Political) at the British Embassy...
- 5: St Helena: PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL AWARDS CEREMONY - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- The Prince Andrew School Awards ceremony was held in the school hall on the morning of Thursday 29 November.
- 6: DFID INFRASTRUCTURE ADVISERS VISIT ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- John Bowker, DFID’s Infrastructure Adviser and Pauline Scott, DFID’s Deputy Programme Manager, arrived on Island on Monday 25 November.
- 7: St Helena: HOUSING TOUR WED 11 DECEMBER - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- Housing Executive, Andy Crowe, and Housing Management Officer, Tracy Thomas, will carry out a series of visits on Wednesday 11 December
- 8: Seasonal Message from SHG Housing Executive Andy Crowe - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- “December can be a really expensive time, especially for families, so SHG’s housing team wishes to remind everyone to make sure that their housing costs are considered.
- 9: St helena: RFA DARKDALE ¡V NEXT STEPS - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- In May 2012 a Ministry of Defence (MOD) team from Salvage and Marine Operations, supported by environmental scientists from RPS Consultants, visited St Helena to survey the wreck of the RFA Darkdale and the surrounding James¡¦ Bay.
- 10: Speech by Theresa May, Home Secretary, to the Society of Editors on 11 November 2013 - Falklands (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- I don’t need to tell anyone sitting in this room that the print media are facing extremely difficult times.
- 11: Lord Grade of Yarmouth Speech Before Society of Editors - Falklands (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Michael Grade has had a long and distinguished career in broadcasting, encompassing London Weekend Television, the BBC, ITV, as well as over nine years as Chief Executive of Channel Four Television.
- 12: St Helena COMMONWEALTH ESSAY GOLD WINNER - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Every year, the Commonwealth Essay Competition encourages and inspires young writers to submit their stories from all over the world.
- 13: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - 19 NOVEMBER 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 19 November 2013, to discuss one item on the open agenda.
- 14: St Helena: INCREASES IN BIP AND IRB - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- SHG is pleased to announce that recipients of Basic Island Pension (BIP) and Income Related Benefits (IRB) will receive an increase in their weekly allowance from 1 December 2013. This was agreed by Executive Council on 14 November 2013.
- 15: St Helena: CHANGES TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- One of the objectives of St Helena’s Sustainable Development Plan is to facilitate private, public, tourist and business development across the Island through an improved public transport system
- 16: SHG SEEKS COMMENTS ON NEW HOUSING POLICIES - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- St Helena Government is seeking comments from the public on a range of new housing policies.
- 17: St Helena: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING, 7 NOVEMBER 2013 - SUMMARY - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- An Economic Development Committee meeting was held on 7 November 2013 in the Council Chamber at the Castle.
- 18: St Helena: POST OFFICE AND CSC IMPROVEMENTS - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- As part of our ongoing commitment to improving services within SHG, The Post Office & and Customer Service Centre (CSC) we will be introducing a number of changes that will be both visible to the public and behind the scenes.
- 19: St Helena: OLYMPIC TROLLEYS - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Twenty five luggage trolleys arrived on the RMS on 30 October 2013 and were used for the first time on 6 November, when passengers disembarked the RMS and proceeded through Immigration and Customs control.
- 20: St Helena: COUNCILLOR DOLLERY APPOINTED TO PAC - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- At this morning’s formal Legislative Council meeting, Councillor Nigel Dollery was elected to serve as a member of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
- 21: NEW RECRUITS FOR ST HELENA POLICE - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- The St Helena Police and Prison Service has recently welcomed four additions to their ranks - a Probation Officer and three Police Constables from the UK
- 22: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 23: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 24: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 25: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 26: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 27: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office