|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current and Archived ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current and archived articles on one page.
View: Current (0) - Archived (65) - All (65)
- 1: ‘Jo Acer’ Arrives in St Helena - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 12.05.2012
- The Tanker ‘Jo Acer’ arrived on Tuesday, 8th May 2012
- 2: HMS CLYDE VISITS TRISTAN - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 31.10.2011
- On Friday the 28th October, the HMS Clyde called in at Tristan on her way to South Africa, from the Falklands. She arrived at 0830 and departed at 1800.
- 3: Company vessel collects crew of Oliva from Tristan - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 04.04.2011
- The twenty-two crew of the wreck vessel Oliva, which ran around at Nightingale on the 16th March were collect by one of their passing vessel the Samatan on her way to Brazil.
- 4: SAAS FUTURE UNCERTAIN - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 16.01.2011
- Following the announcement that the SAAS shipping link to South America will cease at the end of the July charter, the company has announced that it is seeking alternatives for future shipping links to the continent.
- 5: VITAL LIFELINE TO TRISTAN DA CUNHA TO BE REPAIRED AGAIN - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 20.11.2010
- Calshot Harbour at Edinburgh of the Seven Seas, Tristan Da Cunha is to undergo emergency repairs in an effort to prevent the island from being cut off from its only access to outside supplies and help and for its residents regular visits of supply boats.
Photos By James Glass (Tristan Times)
- 6: URUGUAYAN OFFICIALS DENY ENTRY FOR HMS GLOUCHESTER - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 21.09.2010
- Both the South American press and the UK Press have reported that Uruguay has denied entry to a British warship bound for the Falklands. Spokespersons from both Uruguay and the Royal Navy confirmed this on Monday.
- 7: Black Pig to be Re-Re-Named - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 16.09.2010
- The South American Press has published an article about Argentine militants painting graffiti on the hull and superstructure of the Panama flagged Audax II, presently docked in Buenos Aires.
- 8: Workboat Services Update on ‘Concordia Bay’ Situation: - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 22.08.2010
- According to an updated press release from Workboat Services, ‘Concordia Bay’ is still in dry dock in Montevideo.
- 9: Tristan's Latest Shipping News - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 28.07.2010
- The M.V. Edinburgh arrived at Tristan on the morning of the 22nd July
- 10: Storm Damages Tristan Da Cunha's Calshot Harbour - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 02.07.2010
- On the night of Friday 19th June 2010 a bad storm hit Calshot Harbour, causing severe damage to the west breakwater
- 11: Policy on Exemption of Import Duty, Wharfage and Freight Charges - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 11.05.2010
- In October of last year, a new policy on Exemption of Import Duty, Wharfage and Freight Charges was agreed by the Governor in Council.
- 12: St Helena RMS More Work to be Done - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 22.04.2010
- Following the visit of DfID Director Sue Wardell to St.Helena, work has begun to see if the twin ideas of giving tourism priority and doing away with the monopoly on freight to the Island could provide a pathway towards the improvement of the Island’s economy.
- 13: M/V KELSO Has a New Name - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 27.08.2009
- According to St Helena’s Chief Police Officer, Royce Hipgrave, The M/V Kelso sailed to St Helena on 10 August but by the time she reached that Island her name had changed to M/Y Titanic.
- 14: St Helena - Shipping News - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 18.06.2009
- On Monday night the Ukrainian Registered ROLL ON/ROLL OFF container ship the KAPITAN PASTUSHENKO (pronounced PAST-TU-SHENKO) passed the Island 32.9nm off at 22:36 hours making a speed of just 7.6 knots.
- 15: TAMAR TO TAKE OVER FROM ST BRANDON AS MOD VESSEL SUPPORT - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 30.01.2009
- On 17Sep08 the MOD issued a circular about expressions of interest for a new contract for an MOD Support Vessel in the Falklands.
- 16: RMS St Helena Delay - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 19.01.2009
- The St Helena Government’s Shipping Office has received news this afternoon to say that the RMS St Helena is experiencing engine problems with its port engine. As a result, the RMS arrived three hours later than expected, at 3pm this afternoon.
- 17: St Helena Bronwen Yon Appointed Shipping Officer - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 10.01.2009
- Bronwen Yon has taken up the post of Shipping Officer for the St Helena Government with immediate effect. She replaces Belinda Beard who will be leaving St Helena this month.
- 18: ENDURANCE Stranded in Majellan Straits - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 17.12.2008
- Several websites and news agencies are reporting that the British polar vessel, ENDURANCE, is flooded and may have to be towed to Punta Arenas.
Photo (c) Royal Navy - HNS Endurance
- 19: Concordia Bay Schedule Suspended - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 21.07.2008
- Workboat Services Limited regret to advise that the schedule for MV Concordia bay has been suspended.
- 20: St Helena's New Shipping Officer Settles In - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 14.05.2008
- The St Helena Government has appointed Belinda Beard to be Shipping Officer within the Office of the Governor.
- 21: New Freight Rates Approved by Executive Council - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 01.04.2008
- Cllr Rendell briefed the media on new freight rates for Concordia Bay, due to arrive in June.
- 22: Update on Operation Zest - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 04.03.2008
- The Tristan Administrator called a meeting with the Island Council on Thursday 28th February at 15:00hrs to meet Captain Paddy McAlpine, the Navy Captain in charge of Operation zest, together with Captain Peter Frame (Lyme Bay Skipper) and Major Mike Forster (OC Res) to brief them on the plan of operation over the next few weeks.
Photos(c) James Glass (Tristan Times)
- 23: Operation Zest Gets Underway - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 28.02.2008
- The Lyme Bay which departed Cape Town last Saturday arrived at Tristan early yesterday morning.
Photo (c) James Glass (Tristan Times)
- 24: Tristan da Cunha: Harbour Repair and Refurbishment Project - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 27.01.2008
- Tristan Administrator David Morley recently took the opportunity to brief the Tristan community via the Island's newly relaunched radio station, Atlantic FM, about plans for the harbour repair and refurbishment project.
- 25: Falklands - A Question of Port - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 15.01.2008
- Balancing the cost of purchase vs value is important.
- 26: Workboat Services Welcomes a New Company Manager - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 28.10.2007
- Adam Cockwell will take up his post shortly.
- 27: Revised Schedule Released for RMS St. Helena - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 11.04.2007
- Copies of the schedule can be e-mailed from the Falklands on request.
- 28: FIG and Workboat Services Limited Release Joint Statement - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 01.03.2007
- Due to continued speculation about coastal shipping around the Falklands the Falkland Islands Government and Workboat Services Ltd. have issued a joint statement.
- 29: Islanders Urged to Play Part in Falklands Port Development Plan - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 14.02.2007
- Port Development in the Falklands is going to be a priority.
- 30: Falklands Man Finds Remains of Missing French Yacht - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 23.10.2006
- A Royal Falkland Islands Police Press Release will be published in due course.
- 31: So. Georgia Fisheries: Sigma Replacement Announced - S.Georgia (Shipping/Freight) - 08.09.2006
- Pharos IX will replace the SIGMA as a South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands Fisheries Patrol Vessel.
- 32: New Shipping Contract for Falklands Waters - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 06.09.2006
- Workboat Services Limited. have won the contract to provide Coastal Shipping for the Falkland Islands.
- 33: St. Helena Line Signs Contract with Andrew Weir Shipping - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 24.08.2006
- Photo (C) St. Helena Media
- 34: Widewake Airfield Improvements - Ascension (Shipping/Freight) - 04.05.2006
- Ascension's Wideawake Airfield has undergone some improvements lately
- 35: Liverpool Hosts Team at the Top at Sea - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 02.05.2006
- HMS Liverpool has been busy hosting the team at the pop in the Falklands.
- 36: New Patrol Vessel for the Falklands - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 25.04.2006
- Commodore Ian Moncrieff, Commander British Forces South Atlantic Islands, tells us about the new Falkland Islands Patrol Vessel (FIPV).
- 37: Transport Public Meeting - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 17.04.2006
- A Public Meeting Report on Transport issues.
- 38: HMS ENDURANCE Leaves Puerto Belgrano - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 08.04.2006
- HMS ENDURANCE sailed for the UK on Thursday .
- 39: Royal Navy Task Group on Patrol in Sub-Antarctica - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 26.03.2006
- A naval patrol is taking place in the South Atlantic.
- 40: HMS LIVERPOOL Leaves Portsmouth for the South Atlantic - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 19.01.2006
- The new patrol ship for the South Atlantic is HMS LIVERPOOL.
- 41: QueenAtlantis: New AIG Launch Name - Ascension (Shipping/Freight) - 14.01.2006
- Lawson Henry tells us some good news for Ascension Island.
- 42: Hello HMS Southampton, Adieu HMS Portland - S.Atlantic (Shipping/Freight) - 13.09.2005
- When HMS Portland left for the west coast of Chile last month there were a few good-bye tears from Sarah Glass.
- 43: Marianne Danica Sails from Tristan - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 22.04.2005
- The Marianne Danica travelled to Tristan da cunha and has successfully unloaded 4 Corriedale Rams and picked up a fisheries patrol vessel.
- 44: RMS St. Helena News - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 09.02.2005
- Garron Yon updates us on the latest RMS St. Helena News.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA) The RMS St. Helena at James Bay St. Helena.
- 45: Amsterdam Passengers Praise Islanders' Hospitality - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 03.02.2005
- The 963 passengers and crew off the M/V Amsterdam have praised the Falkland Islanders who helped them while they were stranded.
- 46: Herald Editor Explains Knock-on Affects of Fuel Price Rise - S.Atlantic (Shipping/Freight) - 29.01.2005
- St. Helenians will be soon be affected by the 7.55% increase that will shortly be imposed on freight rates and passenger rates on the RMS St. Helena.
- 47: Tristan Could Be Back On RMS Schedule - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 28.01.2005
- Following a special meeting of the Executive Council last week, an extension of the shipping schedule is being urgently drawn up to cover the period from October 2005 to March 2006.
- 48: Caught in the net with Jon Clark - S.Atlantic (Shipping/Freight) - 09.01.2005
- Sian Ferguson of FIBS asks Marine Officer, Jon clark about the up and coming Red Ensign Group Conference to be held in the Falklands in February.
- 49: PRESS RELEASE - RMS ST HELENA FORWARD SCHEDULE - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 16.12.2004
- As the public are already aware, following the advice of the High Point Rendell Study, a decision was taken to withdraw the RMS St Helena
- 50: We Can Stop Vessels From Entering Through the Narrows Says Councillor - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 07.12.2004
- Councillor Cockwell Answers a written question about preventing vessels from entering Stanley Harbour from the narrows.
- 51: Falklands: No Pollution From Grounded Tanker - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 25.11.2004
- Councillors revealed at Tuesday's Public Meeting that no pollution leaked into Stanley Harbour when the Tanker, Centaurus ran aground near FIPASS.
Photo (c) M. Zuvic-Bulic (KTV) M/V TAMAR assists the launches Frank Wild and John Byron with removing M/V Centaurus off the rocks near FIPASS.
- 52: Trial Shipping Schedule - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 13.02.2004
- The St. Helena Government has announced changes to the RMS shipping schedule.
- 53: RMS and Namibia - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 11.02.2004
- When the RMS returns to St Helena, she will have called at Walvis Bay in Namibia, with HE Governor Hollamby on board, looking at the opportunities coming from the new shipping schedule which is to be released in the next few days, including regular stops at this port.
- 54: Governor Hollamby to Address Tristanians on RMS Issue - Tristan (Shipping/Freight) - 23.01.2004
- Governor Hollamby arrived on Tristan da Cunha on Wednesday 21 January and while there, he will be speaking about the visit of the RMS St Helena to the Island.
Photo (c) Tristan Times
- 55: Shipping Report - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 21.01.2004
- The Highpoint-Rendel draft report, if accepted, could further isolate Tristan.
- 56: St. Helena to Have Shipping Review - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 16.07.2003
- High-Point Rendel are doing a shipping review for St. Helena
- 57: Byron Marine Says Good-Bye to Tamar - S.Atlantic (Shipping/Freight) - 08.07.2003
- On Friday, 04 July 2003, the Directors of Byron Marine said Good-Bye to the Tamar, which they managed for eleven years. They also said adieu to Gordon Peck, who retired, age 74.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 58: Tamar Crew Protest a Second Time - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 17.05.2003
- The crew of the Tamar, for a second time in as many weeks, has protested their plight.
- 59: Tamar Crew Tell FIG To Make Their Minds Up - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 08.05.2003
- Unhappy, the Tamar Crew chose this unique way to vent their frustration about not knowing the terms of their employment with Island Shipping. Their futures have been uncertain since the end of December and they want FIG to make their minds up, presumably about terms and conditions of employment. Otherwise, they will have to make alternative plans.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The sign reads "Vessel for Hire"
- 60: Update On Key Projects Not Yet In Full Implementation - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 27.03.2003
- Chief Development Officer, Corinda Essex gives an update on key development projects.
- 61: Some of Government's SSL Shares to be Sold - S.Atlantic (Shipping/Freight) - 02.03.2003
- The shares that FIG acquired from S. and J.D. Robinson are to be sold to Lavinia Corporation.
- 62: Sigma Arrival Later This Week - S.Atlantic (Shipping/Freight) - 21.01.2003
- M/V SIGMA has engine trouble and M/V TYPHOON has gone to the rescue.
- 63: James Clark Ross Returns to Antarctic Duties - Br.Ant.Territory (Shipping/Freight) - 26.11.2002
- She's back! The RRS James Clark Ross has been repaired and will be continuing her Antarctic programme.
- 64: James Clark Ross to Head North for Repairs - Br.Ant.Territory (Shipping/Freight) - 03.11.2002
- The damaged James Clark Ross could shortly be on her way north for repairs.
- 65: RRS James Clark Ross Damaged in Dockside Accident - Br.Ant.Territory (Shipping/Freight) - 30.10.2002
- The Antarctic Season has changed because the RRS James Clark Ross has been put out of action in a dockside accident.