|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Archived ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all archived articles on one page.
View: Current (0) - Archived (19) - All (19)
- 1: Falklands describe Timerman’s UN Visit as Diplomacy of Desperation - Falklands (Geological Events) - 26.03.2013
- Argentine Foreign Minister Héctor Timerman has met with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and Ecuador’s Ambassador to the United States,
- 2: MORE FALKLANDS MINES TO BE REMOVED - Falklands (Geological Events) - 16.01.2011
- According to a press release from Government House further mines in the Falklands will be removed during the summer of 2011/2012, thanks to the Foreign and Commonwealth securing funding to undertake a further small project.
- 3: Falklands: Public Confidence Demo on Sapper Hill - Falklands (Geological Events) - 21.03.2010
- A public confidence demonstration will be taking place at the Sapper Hill Minefield site next Thursday at 1545hrs. BACTEC and the Demining Project office staff will walk across the cleared area to demonstrate their confidence in the clearance process. They encourage as many people as possible to come and watch.
- 4: £11,000.00 for Haiti Earthquake Appeal - Falklands (Geological Events) - 07.03.2010
- Mr Keith Biles, sponsor of the Haiti Earthquake Appeal, Falkland Islands, reports that the balance on the Haiti Earthquake Appeal account today is £11,000,
- 5: Chile Earthquake Committee Formed - Falklands (Geological Events) - 07.03.2010
- A committee to begin fundraising for victims of the 8.8 earthquake in Chile has been set up
- 6: Falklands Send Letter of Condolence to Chile - Falklands (Geological Events) - 07.03.2010
- On 2 March 2010 Members of Legislative Assembly sent a letter of condolence to the Chilean people.
- 7: HAITI APPEAL FUND SET UP AT STANDARD CHARTERED BANK - Falklands (Geological Events) - 24.01.2010
- Mr Keith Biles has helped to set up an appeal fund at Standard Chartered Bank for Haiti earthquake relief. Last week that Caribbean Island was struck by a 7.0 earthquake that has killed well over 100,000 people especially in the area of Puerto Au Prince
- 8: UK Submits Claims to Seabed in South Atlantic and Antarctic - Falklands (Geological Events) - 11.05.2009
- On 11 May 2009, the UK has, for the fourth time, made a submission in respect of its extended continental shelf.
- 9: 7.1 Quake Hits Scotia Sea - Br.Ant.Territory (Geological Events) - 22.08.2006
- The Seabed in the Scotia Sea has been shaken by a 7.1 quake.
- 10: 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake Hits South Sandwich Islands - Br.Ant.Territory (Geological Events) - 02.01.2006
- The US Geological Survey reports that a 7.3 Magnitude earthquake has hit an area along the South-Eastern Scotia Plate near the South Sandwich Islands.
- 11: The Haven Damaged by Controlled Rock-fall - St Helena (Geological Events) - 09.04.2005
- Last weekend saw yet another controlled rock-fall operation. The Haven sustained only minor damage and no one was hurt.
Photo (c) Mark Heron - AB sailing PWD men work on dislodging the rocks
- 12: Falklands Raise £2134.00 a Day for Tsunami Appeal - Falklands (Geological Events) - 06.01.2005
- Falkland Islanders have been very generous in raising money for the Tsunami/Earthquake Appeal opened at Standard chartered Bank. Thus far, £7,885.47 has been raised. That's an average of over £2,000.00 a day since the appeal was opened.
- 13: Falklands Launch Tsunami-Earthquake Appeal - S.Atlantic (Geological Events) - 31.12.2004
- Heartfelt responses to the human loss and suffering in the nations around the Indian Ocean have been felt in the Falklands
- 14: Administrator Speaks About Recent Seismic Activity - Tristan (Geological Events) - 15.09.2004
- This interview was conducted by Alex Kirby of the BBC World Service for "Calling the Falklands."
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA-TdC)
- 15: Tristan Still Shakes Underground - Tristan (Geological Events) - 06.08.2004
- Though quiet on the surface, there are still signs that recent seismic activity has taken place. Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - Rocks like these are floating all around Tristan.
- 16: Minor Seismic Activity Taking Place on Tristan - Tristan (Geological Events) - 02.08.2004
- Reports from the Island say that for the past three days the Island has been experiencing minor tremors.
Photo (c) J. Brock (SARTMA-TdC) Tristan da Cunha from the south.
- 17: Tristan da Cunha: Swarm of Earthquakes Confirmed - Tristan (Geological Events) - 02.08.2004
- Further to reports published earlier on Tristan Times Online, a swarm of earthquakes struck Tristan da Cunha on the nights of 28 and 29 July 2004.
- 18: So. Atlantic Ridge Shaken By Two Recent Quakes - Ascension (Geological Events) - 30.09.2003
- Last week there were two earthquakes along the South Atlantic Ridge.