Falklands : RECORD NUMBER OF TICKETS SOLD IN FALKLANDS CONSERVATION’S RAFFLE
Submitted by Falkland Islands News Network (Juanita Brock) 16.10.2011 (Article Archived on 30.10.2011)
A record number of 604 raffle tickets were sold in aid of Falklands Conservation and on Wednesday night they were drawn to the delight of many who purchased them.
RECORD NUMBER OF TICKETS SOLD IN FALKLANDS CONSERVATION’S RAFFLE
By J. Brock (FINN)
A record number of 604 raffle tickets were sold in aid of Falklands Conservation and on Wednesday night they were drawn to the delight of many who purchased them. Keith Biles acted as MC for the evening.
1. Return FIGAS Flights for four people anywhere in the Falklands Donated by Falkland Islands Government Air Service (FIGAS) Ticket No 573 – Shula Phillips
2. Return Ferry Crossing for 2 Passengers and a vehicle donated by Workboat Services Ltd Ticket No 426 – Keith Heathman
3. 2 nights at Sea Lion Lodge on Sea Lion Island donated by Jenny Luxton Ticket No 406 – Roy Smith
4. 2 nights for two people at the Walker Creek Self Catering Cottage donated by Jan and Len Clifton Ticket No 128 – Carol Clausen
5. 2 nights at Port Edgar – self-catering – donated by Tex and Mandy Alazia Ticket No 46 – Bruce May
6. 2 nights for up to 5 people at Port Stephens Self Catering donated by Peter and Ann Robertson Ticket No 445 Willie Bowles
7. 2 nights for 4 people at the North Arm Settlement or outside House Self Catering donated by Ian and Eileen Jaffray Ticket No 114 – Anagret Goss
8. 2 nights for 2 people at Cassard House, Bleaker Island donated by Mike and Phyl Rendell Ticket No 208 – Rachael Marsh
9. 2 nights at the Goose Green Self Catering Cottage and suppers at the Galley donated by Trudy and James Lee Ticket No 458 – Tina Ormond
10. 2 nights for 2 people at Race Point Self Catering donated by John and Michelle Jones Ticket No 25, Dan Fowler
11. 2 nights for 2 people at the Saunders Island settlement – self-catering with day trips to “the Neck” and the Rookery donated by David and Suzanne Pole-Evans Ticket No 639 – Sarah Mascall-Bott
12. 2 nights for 2 people at Port Howard Lodge donated by Sue Lowe Ticket No 535 – Lynn Forster
13. 1 night for 2 people at the Volunteer Point House donated by Nikki Reives Ticket No 318 – Raymond Evans
14. A day’s guided tour for four people to Volunteer Point donated by Nobby Clarke Ticket No 476 – Tina Ormond
15. A day’s guided tour for four people to Kidney Cove donated by Adrian and Lisa Lowe Ticket No 185 – Kirsty Barkman
16. 2hour Guided Tour for 4 people of Stanley and a smoko donated by John Birmingham Ticket No 625 – Mandy and Catlin Ford.
Two Star Prizes:
1. Return Flights for 2 Adults and 2 children on the Falklands to Gatwick Oil Charter donated by Rockhopper Exploration Ticket No 475 - Peter McKay.
2. A 20 Day Explorers Quest for 2 people to South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula aboard the Sea Spirit donated by Quark Expeditions Ticket No 469 Sheila Hadden
When contacted via phone and aired over FIRS, Peter McKay said that it was good to be selected. He had won small prizes in the past and he was sure he would enjoy the prize. Sheila Hadden was delighted to win first prize and thanked Farah peck for calling. The trip is scheduled for January. “I’m lucky, aren’t I,” said Sheila.